|Job Ref:||204736174||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£26000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:26|
Applications Consultant - c£29,000 + 15% Shift Allowance |
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK Brokers.
They are currently recruiting for an Applications Consultant in the Solihull office on a permanent basis.
The Applications Consultant is responsible for the delivery of successful high quality application services for customers working with all aspects of the clients solutions.
• To deliver technical solutions on budget, on time and to specification
• Supports customers to make a smooth transition from their existing systems, applications, and processes to new SSP solutions through implementation efforts and ongoing consulting
• To contribute to the configuration, customisation and non-base developments including support and testing requirements as a result of solution architecture
• To ensure that any proposed solution requirements are compatible with SSP's product roadmap and architectural governance
• Participates in business process review and application prototyping sessions as well as providing business process analysis and insight into proposed solution fit
• Make configuration recommendation that align with client business needs
• Prepare design specifications for conversion, reporting, interfaces and customizations.
• Provide guidance in the formulation and coordination of an end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, deliver such training.
• To ensure hardware infrastructure is agreed and documented, with the customer, whilst providing advice based on customers solution.
• To ensure the solution is developed in accordance with the requirements outlined in the business and technical specifications.
• To facilitate the installation and configuration of the solution for customer UAT, performance testing and live environment.
• To provide technical support and consultancy to the customer on technical areas of the application/toolkits/utilities/database.
• To verify fitness for purpose of the software delivery against the specific functionality required by the customer in their solution.
Experience & Requirements
• Good technical aptitude, and the ability to learn new technologies quickly in real world context
• Experience of working within a technical team supporting the delivery of solutions
• A broad understanding / experience of industry technologies relevant to enterprise-level deployments
• An understanding of solution design concerns, including scalability/performance issues, configuration design and management and project management principles.
• Knowledge of deploying solutions with the MS Windows platform
• Experience of advising, training and guiding customers and business users through the decision making process required to deploy the technical solution.
• The ability to explain technology to diverse customers, and ensure they are able to use applications and functionality effectively to accomplish their work.
• Enthusiasm; willingness to learn and adapt quickly; excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience conducting training sessions.
• A disciplined self-starter as well as a positive team player.
• An understanding of the market sector
• Previous commercial development experience in an MS environment.
• Preferred Experience of working with data for the purposes of extract, transform and load from/to other integrated applications
• Preferred Experience of design of system infrastructure for resilience and performance.
• Must be willing and able to undertake international travel as required.
If this would be of interest then please send a copy of your CV to us and we will do the rest