|Job Ref:||204736088||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£26000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:26|
Support Specialist - c£29,000 + 15% Shift allowance|
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK Brokers.
They are currently recruiting for a Support Specialist in the Solihull office on a permanent basis.
Within a structured environment with limited or no supervision must provide more complex Service Desk support to the client's customer base using the required standards, methods and tools as directed.
• Ability to investigate and provide solutions for issues raised either from client calls to the service desk or from internal sources. Where necessary, to work with customers and colleagues and gather necessary information to agree a solution.
• Ability to produce clear specifications relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions.
• Ability to recognise when a call is not readily resolvable, and how to escalate it.
• To carry out testing and investigate and report error found.
• To assist the manager responsible in controlling the number of calls open on the Service Desk.
• To use the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded.
• Produce site visit reports and following up actions where appropriate.
• Be a confident, clear and effective communicator, both spoken and written, able to liaise at all levels both internally and externally.
• To identify issues arising from call trends/software releases, to escalate these to the relevant development of technical areas and work closely with them to resolves the issue
• Provide technical assistance and support, either formal or informal, for more junior team members and mentor new and inexperienced team members as required
• To deal with complex customer related issues and/or complaints as requested by the territory or support manager
• Must have experience working in a ITIL framework Service Desk environment
• Working and troubleshooting knowledge with Microsoft SQL, Scripting, Java, database backups/restoration, transaction logs, indexing
• Command level understanding of Microsoft SQL, Querying,
• Working knowledge of ITIL v3 - Foundation Certificate ideal - Incidents, Service Requests, Events, Change and Problem Management Processes
• Experience using Service Desk Management Tools
• Knowledge of Monitoring Tools such as Nagios, Nimsoft/Nimbus
• Understanding of application layer services that can be monitored
• Familiarity with SQL/DB2 databases and Virtual Machines, Disk quotas, Windows Event logs, Database Transaction Logs
• Ability to learn new software products quickly and efficiently
• Knowledge of one or more areas/sub-systems of an application, its technical development environment and the database structure would be advantageous
• A working knowledge of Windows OS, VMWare, Citrix, LAN, Webserver
• A disciplined individual with professional mannerism, excellent written and verbal skills, ability to listen, willing to learn, and always challenging the norm
• Equivalent work experience preferably in one or more of the following areas: Insurance Brokerage, Insurance Company, IT or Software Company
If this would be of interest then please send a copy of your CV to us and we will do the rest