|Job Ref:||204734628||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:26|
Release Manager - Leeds.|
StepChange Debt Charity is seeking a Release Manager to join our team in Leeds City Centre. The successful candidate will receive a salary of circa £35,000 per annum.
We are embarking on a journey to transform and modernise our IT Services and ways of working through close collaboration and partnerships. We are achieving this by passionately embracing new technology and empowering multi-disciplined teams to deliver ambitious strategic objectives through creativity, innovation and forward thinking.
As a charity we are focused on doing the right thing for our clients, colleagues and society as a whole, whilst maintaining a commercial drive to deliver on our commitments. We embrace the opportunities and risks of championing new exciting technologies by having the courage to fail, ensuring we learn quickly and positively from our mistakes.
The successful Release Manager will have an amazing opportunity to really consolidate their release management experience and use it to work alongside a strong team. We offer a great working environment with a vibrant team culture that encourages innovation and hard work. If you are a hardworking and keen to develop your career by working on automated release approaches in a fast paced, highly regulated environment, then this is role for you.
Your responsibilities as our Release Manager will include:
- Ensuring all managed releases are properly planned, communicated, and fully resourced (utilising and co-ordinating resources from various technical and operational teams, and third parties) to ensure minimal adverse impacts in the live environment
- To formulate and own the communications for all managed release related activity, ensuring key stakeholders are informed in a timely, accurate and concise fashion
- Document detailed live deployment plans, including full communication, verification, and back-out planning, and to arrange practice release activity where appropriate
- To identify release conflicts, dependencies, or risk that could affect the overall project and change pipeline. Work with IT and Operational management to agree a release schedule which is understood and ensures a smooth delivery of change.
- Ensure a consistent understanding of release management activities and to ensure they retain the required profile within the lifecycle of the project
- Working with the team to develop and define the automated CI/CD release processes
To become our Release Manager you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- ITIL accreditation to at least Foundation level
- Exposure to formal Project Management toolsets
- Good general knowledge of IT infrastructure gained in a Windows based server environment
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Experience of stakeholder management up to exec level
- Experience of working in a financially regulated industry (Desirable)
- Automated deployments (Desirable)
In return we will offer a competitive salary, as well as a range of excellent benefits including 24 days holiday (rising with each year of service to 29), option to buy further holidays, pension scheme, Cash healthcare scheme and a variety of discounted products.
To become our Release Manager, please click 'apply' today.
StepChange Debt Charity is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we place great importance and value in the training and development of all our colleagues