|Job Ref:||204733920||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £75000/annum £50,000 - £75,000 per annum (DOE)||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:26|
A leading International London based consultancy provider to the oil and gas industry is seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join its expanding team. This role is based within a short walk from Holborn station.|
The company, formed in 2004, is the only consultancy provider, dedicated to providing user friendly business systems for the oil and gas industry. It specialises in, Enterprise Asset Management Software Solutions, Supply Chain and Financial Accounting Systems and it is the only Infor Channel Partner dedicated to the sector. Today, the company has evolved into having clients in over 20 countries, holds a Gold Partner status and become the Largest Recognised Reseller for EAM across the EMEA Region.
As the IT Infrastructure Engineer your duties will be to:
• Day-to-day duties will range from providing in house support to assisting with technical pre-sales activities, through to high-level and detailed design phases to actual implementation on medium to large projects.
• Develop and maintain tools and processes used to support the operation, deployment and management of our clients` platforms.
• Monitor and manage our clients` platforms (health, system and application security, performance and metrics).
• Address any system, application or network failures or issues, including flexibility to accommodate and work outside normal business hours.
• Work with management and clients to assist planning, implementation, technical design documentation, management, troubleshooting and incremental improvement of processes.
• Oversee live customer installation projects.
• Perform testing on new technologies, reporting back to management on their strengths and weaknesses.
• Must have the first-hand experience of solving problems in the areas of systems and application performance.
• Manage and track assets.
• Perform upgrades, configuration maintenance and repairs of system hardware.
• Manage own workload and remain accountable, promoting a positive team approach under pressure.
• Adhering to Quality control at all times.
• Managing Accreditation of hosted services
• Coach and support less experienced staff to develop their technical knowledge
• Confident running requirements/technical workshops and managing completion of actions
To be a successful IT Infrastructure Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
• Occasional travel will be required, normally within the M25 and Southern England, with some overseas work. This role suits a professional, flexible and client focused individual.
• Must be eligible to work in the UK.
• Experience of management in a commercial client / supplier project based environment (e.g. system integration or technical managed services background).
• Experience of leading technical input from multiple sources and successfully explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders through diagrams and documentation.
• A broad and deep technical knowledge covering the infrastructure, virtualisation, application, and networking architecture.
• Practical experience with the full VMware suite including ESX / HA / DRS / vMotion and storage vMotion / SRM.
• Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012, SharePoint Server Management, Active Directory, ADFS, Veeam and WAP Server, IIS and Apache.
• Cisco Firewall and Networking Administration.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will be working between 9am and 5:30pm although flexibility is required and expected.
In return, the IT Infrastructure Engineer will receive a salary of £50,000 - £75,000 per annum depending on experience plus 25 days` annual leave, plus associated benefits.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.