|Job Ref:||204733704||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 03:25|
Market leading luxury Travel Company currently seeks a highly communicative Technical Lead with advanced Java and Hybris skills and a flair for leadership to join its team Crawley, West Sussex.
Joining an award winning Travel Company at the most exciting time in their history, the Technical Lead will be responsible for the technical delivery of development solutions. You will be delivering innovative and expert solutions across an extensive portfolio of luxury e-commerce websites - ensuring high quality and rigorous standards.
With proven experience in Java Development and excellent knowledge of Spring, the successful Technical Lead will be an outstanding leader of their team of Java Developers, improving their team`s technical performance through coaching, setting objectives, highlighting training requirements and managing technical coverage across the board.
An experienced Leader, the Technical Lead will have good character; being both enthusiastic and pragmatic, knowing when to apply existing solutions and when to take a new approach. He will be a strong communicator, with good organisational and man-management skills.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Technical Lead will liaise with all levels of stakeholders; taking specific responsibility for the following:
- Development coding standards and quality: autonomy to define standards and put in place practices to ensure team adheres to agreed standards.
- Technical leadership and ownership: assist Software Development Manager in coaching technical performance of the team, setting technical objectives for team members, highlighting training requirements when necessary and ensuring the right level of technical coverage within the team.
- Performance metrics and development tools: key involvement in defining tools, metrics and processes used.
- Technical solution and design: working closely with Technical Architects and Front End Technical Lead to ensure effective design is built for development solutions.
- Automated testing: define and ensure key TDD practices are adhered to and work closely with Test Manager to define and implement automated test strategy.
- Technical recruitment: assist Software Development Manager in technical aspects of recruitment process.
- Responsible for the estimation of discovery or delivery work, thus creating a high level of understanding work required from technical architect and breaking work down into delivery tasks.
Taking ownership of and driving the technical development of these e-commerce websites, the Technical Lead will be an authority on the following technological areas, with demonstrable experience of utilising them within a commercial, transactional e-commerce environment:
- Extensive Java/J2EE experience
- Good knowledge of Spring
- Experience with Hybris and other E-Commerce platforms
- TDD & BDD Testing
In addition, the following skills and expertise are desirable:
- Knowledge of OO Software Design
- Strong background in an Agile environment
- Apache Velocity
- ITIL Foundation
an outstanding opportunity to join an industry leading company during its most exciting period due to its unique position in the market. In return for you hard work, expertise and valued contributions, you will be rewarded with a salary of £70,000 and a broad range of company benefits including a pension, private healthcare, life assurance, 25 days holiday and more.
Keywords: E-Commerce, Java, Agile, Spring, eCommerce, Technical Lead, Java Development Leader, Hybris, Luxury Travel, Testing, ITIL, TDD, BDD, Mockito, Apache Velocity, Scrum, Scrum Master, OO, J2EE, £70,000, Crawley, West Sussex