|Job Ref:||204733095||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Herefordshire||City:||Hereford||Address:||Post Code:||HR4||Salary:||£25000 - £27000/annum + Excellent benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:26|
IT Service Desk Supervisor - Hereford - to £27k + benefits|
Working as a part of an IT Operations team based in Hereford, you will provide day to day supervision of the IT Operations Service Desk, carrying out technical support duties as appropriate.
You will be responsible for the continued development of the Service Desk and its processes. Operational Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements are to be reported on and created to deliver outstanding IT support to the business and its customers.
You will have a key responsibility to improve the visibility of the Service Desk and actively seek to reduce recurring calls.
You will be part of a team of a team of 20 Operational staff supporting over 300 internal customers, across multiple sites in Hereford, Ledbury, Cheltenham and London and up to 1000 different clients via external facing teams.
The service desk offers support to 300 users, day to day management of two secure Bureaus and three data centres
This role will involve direct supervision of staff.
The IT Operations team as a whole are responsible for ensuring systems and business processes are working effectively to facilitate the 50 million annual transactions worth around £5 billion pounds.
• Oversee the whole Service Desk process including service requests, incidents and problem tickets
• Day to day management of First and Second Line Service Desk employees
• Manage and co-ordinate urgent and complicated support issues and act as escalation point for all requests and incidents
• Liaise and work with IT Service Desk Manager to escalate Major Incidents and contribute to Problem Management reviews and process
• Help develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within both the department and organisation
• Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers
• As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support
• Provide data and reporting of KPI's and SLA's and trends to IT department and others, as needed, and utilise this information to minimise repeat calls and occurrences
• Drive root cause analysis and help develop strategies for improvement
• Work towards making the Service Desk overeach the IT processes and service delivery channel for the IT as a whole using ITIL as the framework
• Oversee Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to all staff
• Help develop Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance
• Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organisation
• Advise management on situations that may require additional support or escalation i.e. Incident Management
• Manage the process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organisation from an IT perspective
• Help manage vendor relationships
• Help manage the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery process from an IT Operation and business perspective
• Attend Change Advisory Board (CAB)
• Help set and review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
• Answer and log support calls from customers when 1, 2 and 3rd Line engineers are busy
• The ability to act as Incident Manager when a Priority 1 ticket requires immediate focus
• Assist with the set up and 'day to day' monitoring and response to alerts from the management tools
• Assist 3rd line engineers on projects as required either in the office or onsite
• Work within the guidelines and procedures provided by the IT Department
• Assist and support the Service Desk Manager in successfully transitioning the Service Desk to operate in an ITIL Framework
• Proven experience supervising a busy Service Desk operation supporting multiple clients and technologies
• Experience and demonstrable knowledge of transforming a Service Desk operation in line with the strategic needs of the business
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels, on occasions to director level, whilst under pressure
• Extensive experience managing multiple third party suppliers, regularly reviewing their service and performance
• Knowledge and experience of managing field based engineering teams
• People management experience and demonstrated leadership skills
• Demonstrable ability to lead and to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical and non - technical staff across multiple disciplines
• Demonstrable ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy
• Formal Training and advanced understanding of ITIL principles and practice
• Established and successful background in a high intensity customer services environment
• Good understanding of PCIDSS principles and practice
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, written and verbal
• Experience supporting and administering Windows operating systems (windows desktop, Exchange, Active Directory, etc.)
• Excellent Excel , Microsoft , Outlook, Word, Access and other Office product skills
• Experience in using monitoring tools i.e. SCOM, Nagios, Ops View etc.
• Disciplined, self-organised and motivated to learn and improve
The technical ability to support: -
• Windows server operating systems
• Active directory, account management, network permissions and group policy
• Switches, router and VLANS
• Microsoft Exchange Servers
• Microsoft Office software (Inc. 365)
• Server and application virtualization
• SAN environments
• Windows desktop operating systems
• Print servers
• Internet content filters, firewalls and proxy servers
• Backup solutions
• Uninterruptable power supplies and power management
• Experience supporting and administering Windows operating systems (windows servers, Exchange, Active Directory, etc.)
• Excellent Excel , Microsoft , Outlook, Word, Access and Office skills