|Job Ref:||204732853||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Herefordshire||City:||Hereford||Address:||Post Code:||HR4||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum + Excellent benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:26|
2nd Line Support Engineer - Hereford - to £30k + benefits|
Our very successful client is looking for several people as they are expanding.
They are looking for a talented all 2nd Line Engineer to provide 2nd Line Support on their Service Desk. You will be working as part of an IT Operations Team and will be based at the head office in Hereford, although there will on occasion be a need to travel to other sites. The engineer will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with strong demonstrable technical skills and an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving. They will also have an excellent ability to prioritise and determine when issues need to be escalated to a higher level. Customer service is paramount, and the right attitude is essential in this role. Good communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' experience working in a similar role.
• Work on assigned calls and take the majority of them through to resolution (primarily Incident, Service Requests, Project Tasks, Problem, Change and Release tickets.) Dealing with 1st Line engineers, customers, suppliers and vendors where necessary to resolve tickets
• To provide a comprehensive Change Management Service for scheduling and delivering applications and systems software upgrades and patches and also to implement changes and upgrade designs into live environments
• To design, develop test and implement minor infrastructure projects and to contribute to major infrastructure projects as directed by the IT Infrastructure manager
• To provide consistent, high quality documentation for all systems and processes
• To provide comprehensive support for all aspects of the infrastructure including desktops, servers, operating systems, system software, permissions, network (wired and wireless), application software, storage devices, back up, licensing etc.
• Answer and log support calls from customers when 1st Line engineers are busy
• The ability to act as Incident Manager when a Priority 1 ticket requires immediate focus
• Assist with the set up and 'day to day' monitoring and response to alerts from the management tools
• Work with developers in recommending and delivering the technical aspects of and Agile teams to deliver sprints and projects
• Assist 3rd line engineers on projects as required either in the office or onsite
• Build Gold images for PC's, laptops, tablets and peripherals
• Provide out of hours support for infrastructure changes
• Participate in the 'out of hours' support rota
• Work within the guidelines and procedures provided by the IT Department
• Must hold a current, full driving licence.
The technical ability to support: -
• Windows server operating systems
• Active directory, account management, network permissions and group policy
• Switches, router and VLANS
• Microsoft Exchange Servers
• Microsoft Office software (Inc. 365)
• Server and application virtualization
• Network storage devices
• SAN environments
• DNS and DHCP
• Windows desktop operating systems
• Print servers
• Internet content filters, firewalls and proxy servers
• Backup solutions
• Uninterruptable power supplies and power management
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, written and verbal
• Experience supporting and administering Windows operating systems (windows servers, Exchange, Active Directory, etc.)
• Excellent Excel , Microsoft , Outlook, Word, Access and Office skills
• Experience building, supporting and administering virtualization technologies (ideally VMware and Hyper-V)
• Monitoring tools i.e. SCOM, Nagios, Ops View etc.
• Microsoft Product Certified
• Extensive knowledge of Service Desk environment and ITIL framework
• Disciplined, self-organised and motivated to learn and improve.
• Must hold a current, full driving licence