|Job Ref:||204732769||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Docklands||Address:||Post Code:||E14||Salary:||£17.87 - £22.02/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:26|
My client, a local authority in East London, is looking for a Business Analyst with experience of working within the public sector to work on a 6 month contract basis.|
Purpose of the job
1. Conducts investigations at a high level for requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Uses creativity and judgement to identify and translate customer needs into effective and sustainable ICT solutions, which deliver benefits and value for money to the organisation.
2. Contributes to the development of a corporate centre of excellence for Business Analysis and Process Mapping
3. Works with appropriate ICT staff to deliver future-proof technical solutions and an integrated infrastructure for Council services.
4. Applies relevant modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in order to facilitate delivery of corporate service efficiencies. Develops and maintains knowledge on best of breed business analysis standards, tools, methods and techniques to provide advice to colleagues and customers.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Provides an effective Requirements Capture and Solutions Design service for the Council providing expert written and oral advice to Officers, Members and other stakeholders as possible including, but not limited to the following areas:-
* Systems Analysis
* Requirements Capture (Including Process Mapping)
* Solutions Design
* Solution Appraisal
* Requirements Specification
* Functional Specification
ensuring their services offer Value for Money, continuously improve and are consistent with industry best practice
2. Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop and implement components of new or changed processes and works with customers and users at all levels in the organisation to identify business benefits.
3. Analyses business processes, identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and recommends new approaches.
4. Works with colleagues and customers/users to investigate and model business functions, processes, and information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques.
5. Investigates operational requirements and inefficiencies, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in new or changed processes/procedures, organisation and systems.
6. Analyses the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration.
7. Specifies information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects for the current "As Is" situation and/or the desired situation "To Be" to meet changed or new business requirements.
8. Produces or updates system and data architectures to ensure the integrity of business solutions in the organisation.
9. Produces outline system and integration requirements documents in conjunction with appropriate staff and in accordance with the ICT Service Development framework.
10. Updates or provides input to cost benefit analyses, risk analyses and development plans to take account of design decisions.
Please contact Danny Eccles at Service Care Solutions for more information or to apply. Alternatively if this role isn't for you, we do offer a referral bonus of £250 for every new candidate you refer to us that we place in a position for more than 13 weeks. That's £250 just for forwarding a job advert to a friend