|Job Ref:||204732343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Salary:||£NEG Very Competitive salary and package||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:27|
Information Security Consultant - Cheltenham|
An experienced Information Security Consultant / Architect is required for a permanent position working with a global supplier of share market and wealth management systems producing innovative, sophisticated solutions around the world.
This Information Security Consultant is a key role, responsible for supporting the UK Head of Information Security in the development, implementation, operation and enhancement of the region's information security programme. The Information Security Consultant will be responsible for developing the organisation's technical security policies and standards and enforcing across the IT systems, application development and business processes. In addition, as the deputy to the UK Head of Information Security, the Information Security Consultant will use broader security programme experience to assist in the design, maintenance and day-to-day operation of the regional Information Security and ISO27001 Compliance Programme and you will help implement and manage security projects that form part of the information security improvement strategy and information security internal audit programmes
The Information Security Consultant will act as the Security Champion and Consultant on all internal and client projects, identifying risks and recommending appropriate technical security controls, you will act as the deputy to the UK Head of Security and will be involved in huge development of Information Security Department and the creation of a brand new Security Operations Centre, deciding on SOC tools, procurement of them, operational set up etc.
The Information Security Consultant will support and coordinate complex security implementations, and communicate nuanced security issues in a clear and impactful manner. You will be required to prepare compliance responses and security briefings to clients on the design and implementation of the Information Security architecture and their service-specific security controls environment.
Required experience for the Information Security Consultant role:
The Information Security Consultant should have extensive working experience as an information security or risk management practitioner and have demonstrated practical experience over some or all of the following. The role will be a mix of technical work and work focused around policy, strategy, governance and compliance.
* In-depth technical working knowledge of and appreciation of best practice design in relation to network Security platforms such as Firewalls, IPS, and DDOS.
* In-depth technical working knowledge of and appreciation of best practice design in relation to Endpoint Security technologies such as AV/Anti-Malware, EndPoint Control, DLP and knowledge of Secure Application Methodologies and Introducing security improvements into a software development environment.
* In-depth technical working knowledge of and appreciation of best practice design in relation to Security Monitoring tools such as Nessus, Qualys and SIEM platforms
* Understanding of ISO27001 and PCI DSS standards and exposure to associated assessment and corrective action planning exercises
* Exposure to eGRC systems such as RSA Archer
* In-depth technical working knowledge of and appreciation of best practice design in relation to hardening approaches for technologies such as Windows Servers/desktop, Unix, Network appliances.
* Technical Architectural level experience (ideally with experience of design, deploy and operation of IT infrastructure)
* Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements and guidelines (eg UK Data Protection Act, EU GDPR, Companies Act, Computer Misuse Act, FCA Regulation, ISO 27001, PCI DSS)
Due to the nature of the role the salary cannot be advertised. The salary and package on offer is highly competitive. We are happy to discuss this in a call if it is a role that you are interested in so do apply so that we can get in touch with more information.