|Job Ref:||204731989||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£400 - £450/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:27|
An exciting opportunity is now available for this leading e-commerce business in Luton. The role is all about ensuring releases are correctly deployed on to the appropriate technology platforms in a co-ordinated manner to internal and then customer facing environments.|
The successful candidate will need to have excellent organisational skills with attention to detail being a key attribute. They will be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines that are on the critical path of the overall programme delivery.
The role will suit a proactive individual with demonstrated experience in release management for a large enterprise scale eCommerce transformation programmes.
The role will cover the following main elements: -
1 Co-ordinate delivery of 6 weekly point releases into integration testing across all technical delivery teams (~10 core applications)
* Collaborate closely with our environments team to ensure builds are requested/delivered when needed and contain the correct components.
* Facilitates between workstreams + tooling on automated release process
* Tracks + Reports which versions are on which environments
* Manage resolution of configuration / automated release process issues.
* Manage resolution of environments issues
* Manage resolution of configuration / automated release process issues
* Be responsible for preparing a Rollback Plan
* Maintain the release status and tracking information in Jira
* Plan and co-ordinate technical releases into production
* Prepare for production Releases
* Contribute to Go/ No Go decisions
* Monitor the release deployment and manage resolution of any deployment issues
* Ensure teams are prepared for any post release issues / changes required
Suitable candidates will need to have the following skills and/or experience;
* Experience across the end-to-end lifecycle of release management (covering release planning and management)
* 3+ years of delivery experience using scaled agile frameworks for delivery
* The ability to form strong, mutual and professional business relationships with team members
* Excellent communicator able to secure information from, and convey messages to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
* Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with technical delivery teams
* Creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving, anticipating potential issues before they arise and implementing timely solutions
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work