|Job Ref:||204725672||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Post Code:||BD1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:27|
3rd Line Engineer - Bradford - £30-35k +Benefits|
The Larson Group is currently recruiting a 3rd Line Engineer to join a forward thinking Managed Service Provider based in Bradford. Our client are currently witnessing a growth period and as such need a customer centric and client facing individual to join the team. We are looking for an energetic, positive and well-presented candidate with drive and personality.
This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer's software systems, coordinating complex projects and implementing software solutions. This position also includes providing technical assistance to other team members, with system and network requests.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with genuine scope for progression and training, this is the right role for you. Our client offer a second-to-none self development plan and will make you a subject matter expert in your field. In light of recent contracts won by the company, there has never been a better time to join this organisation and can offer you a fantastic career with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security.
* Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
* Design and implement disaster recovery solutions.
* IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
* Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint etc.
* Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix and Microsoft.
* Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services and Citrix
* Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard and periodic system review.
* Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
* Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes and agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Able to work in a team and communicate effectively
* Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
* Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service Levels.
* Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
* Enter all work as service tickets
* Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by a Project Manager
* Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
* Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA
* Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
* Diagnosis skills of technical issues
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
* Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
* Service awareness of all organisation's key IT services for which support is being provided
* Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
* Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
* Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Keywords - 3rd Line Engineer / 3rd Line Support / Systems Administrator / IT Support / Network Engineer / Systems Engineer / Infrastructure Support / IT Support Technician
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number 06110626. Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is (Apply online only) 57. Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business