|Job Ref:||204725666||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:27|
Key Responsibilities |
- Ensure effective on-going support for all ICT Network and servers in use, ensuring that the services provided to users is the highest possible
- Support of virtual environment at server and VDi level.
- Manage user migrations
- Follow inhouse methodology and check list procedures
- Provide dedicated support in a timely manner to users.
- Support and manage the introduction of new Services.
- Effective delivery of Problem and Change Management within ICT Services.
- Support the communication between ICT Services and the business.
- Act as a liaison between managed service provider, vendors and IT department.
- Continuous service improvement
- 1st level network and server maintenance
- Internal reporting and projects as requested
- Two year experience or more with support and deployment of networks, servers and working with and understanding Windows and VMware servers
- Networking skills (DHCP, DNS, TCP/ IP, LAN, WAN) desirable
- Knowledge of SQL an advantage
- Experience of virtual environments , VMware, Azure, VDI, Citrix
- Office 365 experience
- Firewall, routing and MPLS experience an advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be willing to work hard.
- Good inter-personal and communications skills.
- Ability to work around and be creative as regards problem solving.
- Honest with ability to follow systems and learn.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to support and communicate with users on all levels
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- A strong desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Third level IT related degree or equivalent
- VMware and/or HP/Cisco networking certifications desired
- Implementation and operational support of network environments
- Evidence of customer / client interaction
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
- Knowledge of VDI implementation