|Job Ref:||204725331||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Camberley||Address:||Post Code:||GU15||Salary:||£35000 - £55000/annum 23 days holiday, Healthcare||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:27|
C++ Software Engineer - (Layer 4+ Telecoms) - Camberley - £55k|
C++ Software Engineer (Layer 4+ Telecoms) required to join my client, a niche telecoms house in Camberley. You will be required to assist in the development of designs for new products, design and implement modifications to current and future products, document and execute unit tests for software modules and perform hardware/software integration tests and trials to demonstrate system design goals are met.
• Layer 4 telecoms protocols and higher
• Strong C++ (Linux target and STL)
• Development for a Linux environment
• Expertise in Linux tools (GCC / Make / GDB)
• Development experience of multithreaded systems
Desirable Skills (some but not all of the following):
• GSM / UMTS / LTE protocol development or system design experience
• Protocols include - A interface, RANAP, GTP, luh, S1, MAP, CAMEL, Gb interface, Radius, Diameter, SMNP, SIP, RTP
• Other similar protocols - layer 3 and higher
• Telecoms/Datacoms configuration experience (e.g. Cisco, Asterisk PBXs or Cisco Networking Equipment)
• Experience of Boost libraries (Smart/Shared pointers in particular)
• OO design methodology
• Cross platform development experience
• SVN / Trac usage
• IP Addressing
If you have protocol knowledge in a different domain, i.e. medical or printer protocols combined with software experience and you are looking to move into the telecom arena then this may work.
If you have the relevant experience and are looking for a new challenging position then please send your CV or call (Apply online only).
Keywords: C++ Software Engineer, Telecoms, C++, Linux, STL, GSM, UMTS, LTE protocol, Wireshark, System Design, RANAP, SMNP, SIP, RTP, Telecoms Configuration, OO design methodology, SVN, Trac, Camberley, Frimley, Farnborough, Fleet, Guildford, Woking, Farnham, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Slough, Maidenhead, Reading, Newbury