|Job Ref:||204725113||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Salary:||£450 - £535/day||Post Date:||27/10/2016 03:26|
NET/ SQL Developer - up to £535/ day - 6 month contract - Exeter*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key clients in Exeter who are looking for a .NET/ SQL developer to join their team. The aim of this role is to support the Maternity and Children's Data Set (MCDS) Project's urgent needs. The developer will be expected to produce the estimates, design, unit tests and code for each change planned as part of this development. They will also be expected to work with the team to resolve issues during product assurance and user assurance. The resource recruited to meet this need will increase the short term capacity within the Software Development resource pool.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Responsible for analysing, implementing and testing application/database functionality as directed
* Maintaining the application and back-office systems
* Effectively delivering the functional aspects of website applications
* Developing web applications
* SQL Server - knowledge of writing stored procedures
Essential skills and experience:
* The ability to develop Oracle databases using PL/SQL and SQL in a 10g/11g environment using Data Modeller, TOAD and other development tools.
* The ability to design databases in a 10g/11g oracle environment.
* The ability to produce design specifications and other supporting documentation.
* The ability to Review and tune SQL and PL/SQL code to improve the performance of the system.
* Experience of working under an AGILE/SCRUM methodology
* Quick learner and good at picking up existing systems
* Good attention to detail
* Team player
* Good communicator
Please note: The Department of Health (DH) has a policy whereby interim managers and specialist contractors cannot work more than 220 days in a calendar year, reduced pro rata for shorter contracts, e.g. 110 days in six calendar months, 55 days in three calendar months, 18 days in one calendar month, etc.
Please call Natasha at Berry Technical for further information