|Job Ref:||204724336||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:27|
AWESOME OPPORTUNITY FOR A SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR TO JOIN NAMESCO AT OUR READING DATA CENTRE!|
* Do you have Systems Administration experience of infrastructure services based on Linux (Debian / Ubuntu /CentOS) and OpenBSD?
* Are you a problem solver and passionate about carving yourself a role with a broad range of skills?
* Experience with configuration management (puppet, chef etc.) as well as server installation automation (TFTP / PXE / Kickstart / Anaconda / Debconf)
* Excellent project management skills and clear written and verbal communication?
* Salary up to £45,000 plus loads of benefits including attendance bonus, generous holiday allowance, free parking, healthcare and loads more!
Namesco are a multi-award winning company providing internet technology services to a large customer base. Founded over a decade ago we have continued to grow and are looking for a Systems Administrator with Linux and OpenBSD experience to join our team in Reading!
Sourced by: @NamescoCareers - your Twitter feed for the latest news and opportunities at Namesco in Worcester, Reading and London.
WE ARE NAMESCO:
Namesco are one of the largest domain name and hosting providers in the UK, ranking within the top 50 providers worldwide. We are part of the Dada Group who manages over 1.8 million domain name registrations in more than 250 extensions. We host 500,000 websites on our platforms and have more than half a million customers throughout Europe. Our employees are at the heart of our business, and we offer excellent training and a great working environment to all of those who join us. Due to continued growth we are looking for a Systems Administrator with experience of infrastructure services, based on Linux (Debian / Ubuntu / CentOS) and OpenBSD to join our team. In return we offer salary up to £36,000 plus lots of benefits (free parking, your birthday off work, childcare vouchers, social events, healthcare and many more). Get a glimpse into life at our Reading Data Centre in this Blog.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Working as part of a dedicated and enthusiastic team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining production networks and related systems infrastructure for large ISP networks. This includes making sure that all services are available for 100% of the time as well as making sure that the services are optimised to serve as quickly as possible. You will have an excellent knowledge of Linux systems administration and be able to maintain servers supporting most infrastructure systems required for an ISP environment including BGP route servers, DNS servers, LDAP & Radius systems, MySQL databases and Apache web servers. You will be able to work in an international team to support a Europe-wide business and be able to collaborate with different teams and business units. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver who is willing to 'get their hands dirty' rather than specialising in one thing. Years of experience are preferred but not essential - you should however demonstrate an interest in all aspects of systems, networking, coding and how everything fits together with the right attitude. If this sounds like you then please apply today!
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE...
* Systems Administration experience of infrastructure services, based on Linux (Debian / Ubuntu / CentOS) and OpenBSD
* Experience of configuration management (puppet, chef etc.)
* Server installation automation (TFTP / PXE / Kickstart / Anaconda / Debconf)
* Creative problem solving abilities
* Clear written and verbal skills
* Excellent project management skills
* Experience with revision control systems (Subversion)
IT'S NICE TO HAVE...
* ISP Networking knowledge
* Experience of multiple network vendors
* Basic languages skills (perl, PHP, Python, Bash)
TO BE CONSIDERED...
Please click online to submit your CV