|Job Ref:||204730885||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
1st/2nd Line Support Role|
London - £20,000 - £25,000 per annum + benefits, Permanent Role
My client is looking for an ambitious, forward thinking, hard working 1st Line Support desk engineer. Based in the heart of London, you will have the opportunity to grow within the company where progression through the lines is encouraged.
The 1st line Support role is the face of the IT team, being the port of call for end users. Responsible for logging, diagnosing and reacting within SLA's to support the user's needs. You will be expected to fix the problem within a designated time frame; if this cannot be achieved then you will escalate the incident to 2nd line support.
* Answer and log support calls from end users within the head office.
* An understand of ITIL processes
* Escalate support problems to the appropriate 2nd line team if unable to resolve the incident within the time frame given.
* Use Active Directory/Landesk
* Attempt first time fixes; dealing with internal users as necessary.
* Use Problem Management tools and techniques to identify the root cause of problems and select appropriate means of resolution.
* Prioritise problems dependant on their severity.
* Support and communicate with Managers, Directors and Officers.
* High levels of customer service are paramount.
* Experience of working in a busy, fast paced IT helpdesk environment.
* Experience of diagnosing a wide range of software and hardware issues.
* Experience in communicating with end users.
* Knowledge of Windows desktop versions 8,10, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012.
* Exposure of working within a service desk environment - 2 years desired.
* Good knowledge of Active Directory - Mail exchange.
* Desired but not essential - Degree.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has come from a Helpdesk background with a good wide knowledge of desktop support. This will provide them with a new exciting opportunity to kick start a career in IT within a growing media company who look to promote from within and create an inclusive environment.
If you are interested in applying for this role, apply on our website today for consideration or call JOSH KEELEY on NA.
Huntress Group does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Group acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK