|Job Ref:||204728620||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£65000 - £75000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
This is a broad tech role working for an I.T. solutions provider based in the City of London servicing mainly London based mid-market companies from (Apply online only)+ users.
You will be the main point of contact and escalation within the business for all technical queries both internally and from clients and prospects. You will need a broad knowledge of technology with the ability to advise, architect and potentially engineer solutions in the following areas:-
Public Cloud Infrastructure
Next Generation Firewall Security
LAN, WAN, WLAN SAN
Wintel OS and Applications
The right candidate will need to be a commercially aware individual who can be the technical face of the business, to interact with our clients and liaise with external consultants as required ensuring that projects are scoped and sized correctly, and run efficiently from both a pre and post sales perspective.
This role will be client facing and hence successful candidates must be outgoing, personable, articulate, well presented and professional. You must be comfortable engaging with individuals at all levels within companies of varied sizes both on the phone and face to face.
This role would suit an individual who is currently a Technical Manager in the I.T. Channel with at least 10 years of experience, or someone who has experience as an I.T. Manager/Director, Technical Architect or Senior Engineer in a SME or corporate mid-market company. The role offers the potential for promotion to Technical Director as the department grows.
The main aspects of the position are detailed below:-
• Technical scoping at pre-sales stage including POC, capacity planning etc
• Pre-sales support of sales team through attending meetings and conducting technical qualification calls within client and prospect databases
• Technical design of proposed solutions with assistance from our distribution, vendor and consultancy partners
• Pre-implementation activity relating to creation of statement of works, implementation plans etc
• Delivery of agreed solution within timescales
• Ownership of delivery at technical level liaising with sales team, client, vendor and partners. Project management skills are desirable though not essential.
• Escalation to management of risks and issues during delivery phase
• Continue to work with customer and sales team through life of engagement, acting as cross-practice technical authority
• Perform post-implementation reviews and recommendations
Support & Managed Services
Helping to develop the business managed services and support proposition which will be focused on the AWS proposition. This will involve helping to set up a service desk and managing internal and external support staff. This may also involve out of hours support work as required.
Developing and supporting our internal I.T. environment and policies.
Remain up to date in chosen technology fields and complement those skills with knowledge of the businesses solutions and service offering. Extensive vendor accredited training will be provided on an ongoing basis with a view to progressing AWS accreditation to Technical Architect Professional level.
Candidates must be able to provide strong references from previous employers and/or end users detailing quality and competence of skill set, technical architecture and implementation abilities.
We look forward to hearing from you