|Job Ref:||204728304||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Bordon||Address:||Post Code:||GU35||Salary:||£19000 - £24000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
LS217 Mobile IT Support Technician|
The Junior Field/Survey and IT Support Technician is responsible for the equipment (including IT) used for the acquisition of Geotechnical, Geophysical, Hydrographic, Meteorological and Oceanographic Data. You will be required to work with the Engineering Team and IT Team to ensure all survey equipment, IT equipment and consumables are maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
The position will include both site and office working with the potential for weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure survey equipment and IT equipment is ready for transportation to site, this to include, packing notes for all containers, including serial numbers and descriptions.
• Mobilising all equipment (including IT) on site.
• De-mobilising all equipment at end of survey and associated tasks to ensure the equipment is safely and securely transported back to base.
• Carry out maintenance and repair of survey equipment and IT equipment off and on site.
• On return from site, ensure that all equipment is checked, labelled and returned to the stores in accordance with the workshop procedures.
• Installing and configuring desktop operating systems.
• Network troubleshooting and supporting desktop PCs/Laptops and remote users.
• Building, updating and repairing desktop machines.
• Assisting with server hardware and software issues.
• Maintaining stock levels of IT consumables.
• Assist in the development of Technical Instructions and safe systems of work.
Skills and Qualifications:
• City & Guilds or HNC Electronics (or equivalent).
• CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network + (desirable not essential).
• Knowledge of network technologies TCPIP, VLAN's, WiFi, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft operating systems, knowledge of server virtualization and remote access systems.
• Experience in building desktop computers and with Microsoft operation systems, including Windows 7, Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012.
• A full clean driving license is required.