|Job Ref:||204728071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£22000 - £38000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
Digital Technologist - Quality & Testing|
Digital Quality & Testing Technologist
My client, The SLC, are looking for a Digital Technologist - Quality & Testing to work out of their Glasgow offices on a permanent basis.
The Digital Technologist - Quality & Testing will participate and drive he testing of systems through the agile process. Driving and implementing a comprehensive test strategy using appropiate testing tools and techniques. Introduce new practices and techniques to SLC whilst conforming to agreed standards and facilitate knowledge transfers to other testers within the department.
The successful Digital Technologist - Quality & Testing will have the following:
- A further education qualification in a computer related discipline or demonstrable relevant practical experience.
- Proven track record of testing software developments in a structured environment preferably using java-developed web based systems.
- Demonstrate self development and recently undertaken learning (not specifically in the IT field).
- Ability to question team members and SMEs to discover details of proposed functionality, rather than gather all information from formal documentation. To then fully understand the scope of testing, including which business processes and system functions need to be included.
- Ability to test partially-completed functionality, understand what a defect is and what has not been implemented yet, and provide constructive feedback to developers.
- Experience of defect lifecycle and ability to advise on tests to put in place after fixes are made.
- Excellent understanding of test levels (from unit tests to UAT) and ability to advise the team on what to test (and what not to test) as part of a cohesive testing strategy.
- Sound technical skills; understanding of high-level system architecture components such as application servers, databases and web services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Technologist to join a challenging project and further their career at an well known and established non profit company.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements then please apply for the Digital Technologist - Quality & Testing position immediately.
Keywords: Digital Technologist, Quality, Testing, Assurance, open-source, open source, agile, user stories, data requirements, test data, test strategies, unit tests, java, defect lifecycle, IDE, Oracle PL, SQL, coaching, training, mentoring, coach, train
To find out more about Orgtel please visit (url removed)
Orgtel, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales