|Job Ref:||204727998||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£45000 - £48000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
JOB & PERSON DESCRIPTION:|
Reporting to the head of IT the of BI developer will join the in-house development team and be responsible for the
design, development, testing, and delivering of solutions based on pre-defined requirements. The incumbent will primarily be developing using Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Integration Services (SSIS), though experience of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) would be useful, using various tools but in the main MS Visual Studio & MS SQL Studio. Fully accommodate the customer's business needs, resolve conflicting user demands and maintain positive customer relations with strong communication and coordination. Works well in teams and takes direction well from management. The incumbent will have established areas of subject matter expertise and be able to communicate technical concepts into non-technical terms when working with non-technical constituents.
* Design and develop end-to-end solutions in Microsoft's Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) that support projects and enterprise level strategies
* Conduct research, provide facts, and make recommendations on Business Intelligence products, services, protocols, and standards
* Work with external suppliers to provide ETL solutions for receiving and posting data.
* Works within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and naming conventions
* Gain a thorough understanding of the requirements and ensure the project plan includes tasks that address each of them
* Collaborate with team members to identify project risks, design mitigation plans, and development estimates
* Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
* Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
* Evaluate outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
* We are currently reviewing other report delivery tools such as Qlik View/Power BI and the incumbent would be involved in the review and selection of these tools
* Ensures work and product aligns with customer requirements
* Able to manage own time and provide guides to management of expected development timeframes.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
* Demonstrable development experience with Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Integration Services (SSIS). Experience in Server Analysis Services (SSAS) is useful but not essential.
* Knowledge in fundamental concepts and practices of Business Intelligence, OLAP, data warehouse design, and predictive analytics (SAS Experience beneficial)
* Experience working with Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX) statements and functions to create complex calculations
* Effective oral and written communication skills, including ability to interpret user requirements and offer potential advancements.
* Our finance system has embedded Crystal reports so some experience with Crystal would be beneficial
* Educated to degree level in an IT related discipline and/or can show equivalent technical experience
* A familiarity with Agile Development concepts, or a willingness to learn