|Job Ref:||204727896||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birstall||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
This role will involve working with the pre-sales teams, customers and project managers to generate low level designs for a variety of complex network solutions. The Network Architect will be required to attend customer meetings and design workshops in order to agree the design and facilitate the delivery of the project as well as installing and configuring network solutions in line with the low level design. The Network Architect will act as the technical authority for multi-disciple solutions, thus providing a single technical point of contact for the customers during the design and delivery of the solution. This role also involves mentoring the more junior members of the team.|
- Configuration and installation of network solutions from detailed designs provided.
- To act as the lead architect for network solution, actively delivering the implementation, working alongside the Project Manager and under the direction of the Lead Architect. This involves ensuring appropriate technical documentation is created, the coordination of project tasks, the monitoring of progress, relevant escalations to the Practice Manager, Project Manager or Network Solutions Delivery Manager, great customer care, good standards of liaison and good internal communication within Daisy.
- To produce high level designs for network solutions.
- The delivery of a high standard of documentation is a key function of this role, from the ensuring/generation of network design documentation or handover documentation to support.
- Due consideration should be given to the suitability of the design generated to ensure it can be effectively supported and managed for the life of the contract.
- To provide 3rd level support assistance to the Support Department on request by the Network Solutions Delivery Manager on an ongoing basis.
- To adhere to business processes and documentation standards in order to control outputs to customers and maintain management information systems. This will include the maintenance of time recording systems.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Company as required.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- If you are a Manager of staff, you must ensure:
your team are aware of their security responsibilities & know how to access - Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;
the principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within the operations of your team.
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven track record of designing and implementing complex network designs
- Excellent level of technical expertise on a field of practice
- Cisco routing and switching skills
- Cisco and Checkpoint firewall configuraton skills
- Cisco Wireless skills
- A high level of working knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Networking design
- Local Area Network
- Wide Area Networks
- Bandwidth management
- Network Security Solutions
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Cisco CCNP or CCDP
- Servers and storage hardware
- Software operating systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well within a team, motivating colleagues, monitoring progress to the budget and troubleshooting to ensure successful delivery of the Nets & Comms related projects
- Ability to demonstrate use of initiative
- Good analytical skills to evaluate, resolve and escalate issues promptly and appropriately to the management team and other relevant parties
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal, to achieve a high standard of written work for technical documentation
Job Title: Network Architect
Reports to: Network Solutions Delivery Manager
Department: DCS GTS
Hours of work: 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
This role is based in Leeds, although travel throughout the UK will be required