|Job Ref:||204727835||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£18500 - £21000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
Managing, achieving and exceeding designated contract Service Level Agreements by following service desk best practice guidelines and working procedures. Identifying and applying service desk improvements as directed.|
To provide support and resolution to customer issues within agreed service levels utilizing service management tools and resources. To validate and record incidents where necessary and to ensure that incident records are correctly updated, with accurate details and activities.
- Provide a focal point of communication within the service desk environment
- liaise with intermediary support teams within internal departments and external third party providers
- To correctly record and categorize incidents within the IT Service Management tool to a high standard of accuracy and detail
- Provide an effective and timely resolution to outstanding incidents and requests following service desk procedures and work instructions
- Escalate outstanding incidents in a timely manner
- Proactively provide regular updates and agree solutions to customers issues and problems
- Contribute effectively to the maintenance of the service desk knowledge base
- Other duties as delegated by the Highways England Team Leaders
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- If you are a Manager of staff, you must ensure:
your team are aware of their security responsibilities & know how to access - Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;
the principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within the operations of your team.
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Technical Helpdesk experience
- Customer Service experience
- An understanding of Windows 7/8, Office 2010, Active Directory and DHCP
- An understanding of Server 2008, Exchange 2007/10
- Knowledge of hardware vetting - Desktop PC's, Laptops, Tablets and Printers
- Appreciation of networking technologies & protocols, e.g. Routers, Switches, TCP/IP
- Effective decision making
- Analytical ability
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills (written and verbal).
- Practical Problem solving
- Minimum 6 x GCSE's (grade A-C level)
- Ability to obtain SC clearance will be required for this role.
- ITIL Foundation v3 certification
- Customer focused
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Flexible working attitude
- Active Team player
- Tactful & diplomatic
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Service Desk Team Leaders
Department: Highways Service Desk
Hours of work: Mon-Fri, 7am to 7pm
Working Location - Based at Alliance House, Northampton