|Job Ref:||204727787||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Horsham||Address:||Post Code:||RH13||Salary:||£18000 - £22000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
The primary function of this role is to log new incidents/service requests reported by Daisy customers and provide a technical response as well as an immediate resolution where possible. Alternatively, they will need to perform diagnostics to identify the best possible next escalation path.|
You should have technical helpdesk experience with a proven ability to perform technical diagnostics and administration of Telephony and ICT systems, communicating with clients on a technical level to provide immediate resolution.
This role will require an enthusiastic individual who is able to apply all company and departmental policies, procedures and work instructions to their daily tasks and proactively contribute to improving these where possible.
The ideal candidate will need to have a high level of attention to detail, capturing all information from the customer to enable speedy diagnosis and resolutions where possible. It will also require the ability to be able to build rapport and maintain strong relationships with our customers to help drive and improve our quality of service. The successful candidate will be willing to apply themselves to a diverse range of work and meet and exceed customer expectations and service levels.
- Logging new incidents and service requests received by email, telephone or the customer portal
- Providing technical response to client end-users and service desks
- Provide immediate resolution over the phone where possible
- IT and telephony system administration including software moves, adds and changes
- Completing IT and telephony system routing maintenance
- Responding to monitoring alerts to identify and take appropriate action to avoid service impact
- Diagnosing and resolving software, hardware and usage issues
- Building, deploying and configuring hardware platforms
- Installing and configuring software
- Understanding and utilising support technologies
- Maintaining all relevant service management system tickets, inventory and other data
- Escalating incidents or service requests when necessary to the appropriate internal or external skill group, ensuring effective handover of diagnostics carried out to date and results
- Ensuring incidents, service requests and maintenance tasks are managed within client service levels
- Ensure all updates applied to tickets have correct grammar and spelling
- Building and maintaining relationships with colleagues, client contacts and internal stakeholders e.g. service management and project management teams, 2nd and 3rd line technical support teams
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
If you are a Manager of staff, you must ensure:
- your team are aware of their security responsibilities & know how to access Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;
the principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within the operations of your team.
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Previous helpdesk experience providing 1st line technical support
- Telephony system administration - Mitel, Cisco, Sype for business
- A good working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10
- Microsoft Office 365/2010/2013
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013
- Active Directory administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Network fundamentals (CompTIA A+)
- Service desk call logging systems
- ITIL Foundation v3
- Remote support via remote tools e.g. Dameware, VNC, In-Tune
- Demonstrable understanding of and ability to work with ICT and emerging technologies
- Excellent team working and inter-personal skills
- Desire to learn
- Confidential information handling
- First year technical apprenticeship desirable
- Math GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- English GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Working Location/Environment
Job Title: Tier 1 Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Service Desk Team Leader
Department: Daisy Corporate Services
Hours of work: Shifts between 7am - 7pm Monday to Friday with rotated Saturdays
This role is office-based in Horsham with occasional travel to other Daisy locations