|Job Ref:||204726055||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||27/10/2016 03:25|
We are currently recruiting a senior software developer for our client based in state of the art offices in Belfast.|
The role will involve the design and development of products to support medical advancement and drug discovery. Successful candidates will work as part of the existing Product Development team and tasks will include, but are not limited to;
• Using state of the art machine learning and computer vision to improve the survival rates and the quality of life of cancer patients around the world.
• Creating and developing data analytics and machine learning based solutions to improve the quality and efficiency of the diagnostic workflow in the pathology lab.
• Utilising optimisation techniques such as parallelism and GPUs to improve the performance of algorithms.
• Participating in an agile/scrum including user story estimation, task creation and driving to complete tasks within the sprint.
• Contributing to best practices, design patterns and identify opportunities to refactor code.
• Understanding requirements (user stories) and make technical design decisions to fulfill them.
• Assisting in defining the team's technical strategy and advising on product roadmaps.
• Providing on-going support and mentoring to the junior software developers in the team.
• Taking an active role in all parts of the development life cycle (requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and support).
• Writing automated unit and integration tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality
• 2:1 degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years? experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
• Experience in building applications using C#, C++, python or equivalent.
• Experience of writing and building unit and integration tests
• Strong software development skills and experience of building software applications from initial specification to final deployment and acceptance A quick learner who is looking for new challenges and responsibilities in an innovative software company