|Job Ref:||204725993||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
The principle aim of this role is to manage and drive quality of our website estate and digital assets.
The role will involve all website management, defect management, support, performance, compliance and user acceptance.
This role will report directly to the Digital Onsite IT Manager.
Key tasks and responsibilities
This role will provide an additional point of contact (to the Digital Onsite IT Manager) for all business resources at all levels to manage the website, small change projects, website support and managing technical change across the website infrastructure.
The role has ownership for the performance and availability of the website, it's legality and compliance with the various EU and UK regulations of governance, such as accessibility guidelines, privacy regulations, or other related governing bodies.
Troubleshoot the website. This involves areas including content, links, order flows, registration flows and transaction logs. If problems arise with these areas of the site, the webmaster will make corrections directly or delegate the task to other members of the IT department. Review statistics and monitor analytics. In addition to making sure everything is functioning properly on the website, a webmaster provides analysis of the website's business health and creates conversion paths so that the marketing team can monitor their efforts.
This role also acts as the customer of all technology services that make up the site including hosting suppliers (internal or external), registration bodies, security personnel and external services, network, hardware or other services. It also acts as the customer for all development activity, to ensure that crucial standards of security, safety, usability, accessibility and performance are not degraded by new change.
At all times the mission is to ensure site uptime and performance are sufficient for business purposes and that customers are well served by a fast, available and legal website.
Main elements of responsibility are to deliver the following:
* Rapid response change unit for urgent business software releases.
* Part of a team delivering CI, Test Automation, builds and deployments.
* A functional website that delivers excellent service to customers every day in agreed hours of availability for business.
* Adequate provision of backup and disaster recovery for production, development and test environments.
* Provide safe and secure store of the website and ancillary source and executable code.
* Provide an excellent service performance of the production site, to deliver all pages in speeds under 2 seconds.
* Monitoring the environment for performance, usability and uptime of website customer transactions.
* Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website.
* Dissemination of key business metrics around these topics to key management personnel.
* Up to date and always-renewed licenses, digital security certificates, domain ownership etc.
* A site with zero broken links.
* Properly time managed content areas with out-of-date reminders to content providers.
* A reliable thorough professional and pragmatic user acceptance resource and processes.
* Environment and migration management/ (and eventually) automation.
* Adequate tools for optimisation: e.g. session recording, MVT & BT.
* Able to work within the bounds of any given methodology but apply creativity to finding ways of effecting change outside these paradigms when business demands dictate.
* Experience as part of a team delivering development projects on web and mobile platforms.
* Knowledge / awareness of small to medium scale commercial websites and e-commerce platforms.
* Exposure to the regulatory landscape around security, privacy, accessibility etc.
* Knowledge and awareness of the languages, technologies and services commonly used to build online and mobile services. Understanding of the infrastructure and architecture of a major web presence. In particular, a knowledge of the security requirements of a high performing e-commerce site.
* At least a year's supervisory experience with good people skills, able to drive a significant and continuous increase in adherence to best practise for the Digital platforms.
* At least a year's experience in IT with a strong technical background including time as a website manager.
* Excellent problem solving skills for hard and soft problems.
* Superb attention to detail.
* Customer focussed team player.
* Good communication skills with a clear communication style, excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills able to communicate with staff and management at all levels.
* Self-motivated with a can do attitude.
* A strong work ethic.
* Able to identify, disseminate and agree targets around all key regulatory and performance metrics with IT and the business and put in place processes and procedures to ensure these are continually met 24/7.
* Knowledge of basic security issues and fascination with the operational management of a major web presence