|Job Ref:||204725901||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Salary:||£24000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
Our client is a Cambridge based Award winning technology company who provides software products and services to various international clients. The selected candidate will enjoy working for a firm who values their employees and believe in a strong work, life balance. |
We are currently seeking a passionate Technical Author who has an understanding of technical documentation, software products, technology and services. This Technical Author role is not recruited very often so we urge interested candidates to apply immediately.
As a Technical Author you will be responsible for, writing manual (system and end-user), platforms and documentation, testing, API and Devkit (SDK) that enable in the mobile and automotive industries.
Candidates will need the following skills/experience.
* Experience in Linux or Android. An understanding of networking technologies or experience documenting C, C++ or Java APIs would also be highly desirable.
* Familiarity with System-on-Chip or single-board computers such as the Raspberry Pi.
* Experience of embedded operating systems such as Windows CE or QNX.
* Rooting and flashing of Android devices.
* Development using the Android or iOS SDKs.
* Knowledge of networking concepts, hardware, and protocols.
* Familiarity with technologies such as USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, RFB, RTP and UPnP.
* Ability to communicate complicated issues and procedures.
* Excellent team player, but conscientious and capable when working alone.
* Have a passion for producing timely, literate, aesthetic, error-free documentation.
* Attain to -detail, and desire to lead on issues of product quality and user experience can master new concepts and technologies quickly.
* The Candidate should be an IT professional or an IT graduate who is passionate to work in IT industry.
The Technical Author will enjoy a central Cambridge office, easily accessible via public transport (no onsite parking). This is permanent full time with an hour's lunch break, starting salary £25000-£40000 with benefits.
Candidates could be working as Technical Author, Technical Writer, API writer, Software Documentation, Information Developer, API, SDKs and Devkit