|Job Ref:||204725860||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Salary:||£NEG Salary DOE + Bonus + Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
Lead IP Operations Engineer (Cisco / Juniper) - Permanent - Reading, Berkshire|
Lead IP Operations Engineer - this is a fantastic new opportunity to work for a leading communications company in Berkshire on a permanent basis.
We are looking for someone with the right mix of technical ability and soft skills. Reporting directly to the IP Operations Team Leader, you will be required to play an important role in providing technical support as well as contributing to the operational development activities of the team as a whole.
Working within the wider Back Office support team you will be responsible for supporting the IP network infrastructure. You will provide operational control and maintenance of IP equipment supporting key end customer services including, Mobile Broadband, Billing, Provisioning, CRM, Retail, Content Delivery, Mobile Packet Core, Contact Centre and Production / Corporate data networks.
* Previous experience working with IP Networks, 7 layer model and TCP/IP technologies
* Routing protocols (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP)
* Switching and routing environments
* CCIE or JNCIE or equivalent
* Traffic analysis tools
* Flexible approach and willingness to learn new technologies
* Fault finding skills
* Able to work autonomously
* Must be approachable and have excellent communication skills
* Hands on experience with Juniper JUNOS and platforms such as MX960, M320, EX9214, E4500, EX4200
* Hands on experience with Cisco SCE and CSM load balancer products
* Hands on experience with Cisco IOS and platforms including Nexus, 7600, 6500, 3750
* UNIX system administration experience
* Scripting skills (ideally in Python, Shell, PHP or Perl)
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity please submit your CV on line or email direct to NA @ (url removed)
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy