|Job Ref:||204725828||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Salary:||£250 - £330/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
Commercial Officer - up to £330/ day - ~20 month contract - Hampshire*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold SC clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key defence clients in Hampshire who are looking for a Commercial Officer to join their team on a long term contract. The CTW will be required to place Research contracts in line with Dstl / MOD commercial policy. The requirements will be varied and require an understanding o0f MOD procurement policy to ensure a fair and compliant process is followed at all times.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Lead and manage procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
* Use a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
* Provide direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies
* Develop strong relationships with key programme and business stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs and ensure successful team working between procurement and the project/business area
* Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objectives
* Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales
* Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers
* Contributing to procurement and contract strategies
* Compiling and issuing tenders
* Administering contract amendments
* Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business
* Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget
* Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
Essential skills and experience:
* Tendering and placing contracts in accordance with EU Procurement Directives/Procurement Law.
Desirable skills and experience:
* Experience of placing MOD contracts or Public Sector contracts.
* Experience of reviewing Sales bids or placing sales contracts.
* Awareness of relevant supplier base; knowledge of markets and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)