|Job Ref:||204725814||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£300 - £350/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:28|
Technical Resources are currently recruiting for a long term contract to provide Technical Support within a NOC environment. |
If successful you will be required to interact frequently with the customer so it's important that we are clear and concise in our communications.
You will need to demonstrate an ability to multi-task and prioritise work appropriately.
Dependent on experience you may be asked to help in providing 24x7 support on our core network and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and maintain the monitoring systems
* Fault handling and escalation
* Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring, customer backup and other customer network services).
* Network upgrades, network equipment build and installation.
* Maintenance of technical documentation.
* Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration
* Participate in a 24x7 call-out rota if required.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
* Current and valid SC clearance
* A minimum of 12-18 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
* Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
* Good network diagnostic skills.
* Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
* Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
* Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
* Must be familiar with
All firewalls (Checkpoint, Juniper, Net Screen, ASA)
F5 ltm .
Firm knowledge of routing and switching