|Job Ref:||204729812||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Luton||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||27/10/2016 03:24|
Accountable for building and supporting systems and services as part of wider engineering department. Working with architects, developers and strategic outsourcing partners in order to provide a high performing and reliable solutions to meet business requirements.|
* Ensure all deliverables are well documented, re-usable, tested and operate at a high level of performance. Ensure that code/configuration adheres to SDLC standards
* Accountable for 3rd line engineering support, ensuring that incidents or problems escalated from 2nd line support are resolved as per the agreed SLA.
* Ensure work is of the highest quality and support others in the same approach through peer reviews of code
* Ensure that the design meets the non-functional requirements of the Hosting Strategy, including (but not limited to) -
* Capacity Management
* Disaster Recovery
* Define cloud deployment standards and principles that ensure that deliver teams conform to common policies that ensure that the company's NFRs are met (e.g. standardisation, security, performance cost minimisation etc.)
* Assist projects to gain approval from the company Technical Design Authority for infrastructure architecture and key design decisions.
* Co-ordinate overarching Infrastructure sizing, capacity planning and forecasting on behalf of the company (working with internal and external teams)
* Undertake the appropriate training and knowledge sharing with other teams (Including 3rd parties where required)
* Keep up to date with knowledge of innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to company's Infrastructure strategy
* Assist in conducting Root Cause Analysis and completing follow-on actions after Major Incidents.
* Accountable for on-going, routine maintenance tasks in a timely fashion so as to not accrue infrastructure 'technical debt'
* Development of the documentation of services, systems and processes. Creating and updating Knowledge base articles, support and training documentation.
Contribute to IT disaster recovery planning