|Job Ref:||204729565||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:29|
• A solid background in Linux System Administration.
• Experience working in operations - very important to make sure everything is running smoothly.
• Automation, Packaging, Deployments (Custom Hypervisor, Puppet, Git, scripting, CI services)
• Source Code version control systems: Git & SVN
• Monitoring: NewRelic, PagerDuty, etc
• Programming Languages: Bash, PHP, GoLang
• Virtualisation: We have a custom hypervisor (ZPF) but like things like VMWare ESXi/KVM/oVirt/RHEV
• Classics: Apache, MySQL, Redis, Varnish
• Logstash & Elasticsearch
• Networking (switching, routing, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, load balancing, DNS, Cisco, F5, Akamai)
• Multi cloud setup - AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, Linode etc
• DNS, NTP, SMTP, Jenkins
• A solid background in Linux System Administration
Description: The Role
The key purpose of this role is focused on development in the capacity of improvements to the systems and operational environment by scripting, automation or building of tools.
There are several key areas that require constant development:
• Automation - Enhancements to the automation build process.
Enhancements are continuously added to the base repository as well as additions of new technologies.
• Scripting and Tools - There are many processes, tasks that can be made easier using scripts or custom designed tools in a managed services environment.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of networking and storage, virtualization and operating systems, as well as good knowledge of the Architecture side of the role.
Functions and responsibilities:
This is a dynamic and varied role, which includes things like:
• Build, deployment and maintenance of new and existing environments.
• Designing and maintaining highly available architectures.
• Security (patch management, vulnerability scanning & monitoring).
• Uptime - design and maintain the systems and networking for uptime,
resilience, architecting for failure.
• Evaluation of new, cutting-edge technologies to help improve business
processes and streamline.
• Develop highly-available, scalable, robust systems and take ownership of
problems as they occur.
• Undertake ad-hoc out of business hours work for occasional technical support.
A young talented team building the next generation of video advertising platform.
They work with publishers to classify, filter and monetise their inventory, by providing a direct route to the platforms used by advertisers who want that inventory to traffic their ad campaigns.
The internal adops team manages the connection between the two, with the internally developed technology enabling scale, automation and quality.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency or Business for this vacancy