|Job Ref:||204729436||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Salary:||£40000 - £42000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:29|
Job Title: Java Developer|
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Looking for experienced Java Developers to join the team based in Bath, working within a growing development team.
About the role
As a Java Developer you will be part of a team helping us to further improve the robustness, throughput and responsiveness of our services; driving improvements to our development and release tool-chain so releases become quicker, easier and safer; bringing improvements to the ways we manage, monitor and operate our high availability processing platform.
You will be joining our Platform Engineering Team, a small focused team we have formed specifically with a remit to improve how our platforms operate and remove friction from our release pipeline. This team works very closely with our dedicated operations team, who manage service availability for our clients, and with our product development teams, who deliver new features and capabilities on our platform.
About Capita | Pay360
The Pay360 development team in Bath supports our 3rd generation digital and online payments platform, Advanced Payments, which we launched in Sep 2014. We also support two 'heritage' processing systems that we are in the process of sunsetting over the next couple of years.
Advanced Payments is a SOA platform. Services are written in Java with Spring Integration and backed by a number MySQL and Infobright datastores. UI is HTML5 and NA. The platform is designed to scale-out and is currently deployed as 4 processing lanes operating in 2 datacentres, with availability well over four 9's.
We're an agile shop, with a strong culture of software craftsmanship and managing technical debt. We use a mix of Scrum and Kanban to manage our delivery. Our development toolchain is IntelliJ (or Eclipse), Stash/GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar and Nexus.
What you will do:
Platform Performance & Robustness
* Improve the latency and scalability of our Advanced Payments platform
* Tune our systems to get maximum performance and bang for our buck
* Provide development teams with automated in-sprint feedback on performance changes to the platform caused by active development projects
Development & Release
* Continually find ways to safely reduce the cycle time between code being complete and it being released to production
* Work closely with development teams to identify and introduce tools and environments that help make development faster or improve code quality.
* Improve our configuration management, so that our systems can be fully restored or deployed to bare metal in a highly automated way
* Maintain and improve our continuous build and deployment tooling, with a focus on automation and ensuring a consistent set of tools through the delivery pipeline
Automation & Metrics
* Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams outlining automated solutions and environmental architecture
* Measuring everything; improving every possible aspect of development ecosystems. Set up monitoring for everything in sight - if it moves, graph it and use the metrics to identify further improvements
* Set up and maintain load/penetration testing capabilities, building internal tools where necessary
* Leading, coaching and growing our DevOps practices and approach by bridging Development and Operations
Your experience will include:
* Recent coding experience in Java 7/8, Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, SQL, Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven
* Spring Integration, EasyMock or Mockito, MySQL, PostgreSQL
* Proven experience developing and automating solutions directly related to Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
* Strong provisioning and automating skills such as experience in Vagrant and Puppet.
* Excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills, as well as innovation and creativity
* Experience of scaling out a platform to be able to handle high load, while keeping response times low
* Knowledge of XML, XSL, REST, SOAP implementation in pertaining to web technologies
* Skilled in software development but know that you can do more with infrastructure and operations
* Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us