|Job Ref:||204729372||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Salary:||£42000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:29|
Job Title: Java Developer|
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Looking for experienced Java Developers to join the team based in Bath, working within a small development.
About the role
We're hiring 3 additional developers to increase our capacity so we can begin a project to build a new payment authorisation service connecting to 20 card acquiring banks worldwide. If you join us, you will either be part of this new team, or join one of our product development teams, to free up someone else to be part of this project.
About Capita | Pay360
The Pay360 development team in Bath supports our 3rd generation digital and online payments platform, Advanced Payments, which we launched in Sep 2014. We also support two 'heritage' processing systems that we are in the process of sunsetting over the next couple of years.
Advanced Payments is a SOA platform. Services are written in Java with Spring Integration and backed by a number MySQL and Infobright datastores. UI is HTML5 and NA. The platform is designed to scale-out and is currently deployed as 4 processing lanes operating in 2 datacentres, with availability well over four 9's.
We're an agile shop, with a strong culture of software craftsmanship and managing technical debt. We use a mix of Scrum and Kanban to manage our delivery. Our development toolchain is IntelliJ (or Eclipse), Stash/GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar and Nexus.
What you will do:
* Writing high quality code and automated tests as part of a scrum team;
* Determining the appropriate amount of refactoring required to existing code when it is revisited as part of a sprint goal;
* Ensuring that quality is maintained and the 'definition of done' for a sprint is met, both personally and by the team, typically by making sure that good automated tests are in place for the code you write, that you perform effective code reviews for other members of the team, and that you help to ensure coding standards are followed for all code produced;
* Informally mentoring junior members of the team so they have a supportive environment in which to improve their skills;
* As part of the scrum team, supporting Product Owners by helping them to groom and maintain the user story backlog for current projects;
* Supporting Senior Developers, when requested, in deciding technical approaches to new projects and creating and sizing story backlogs for upcoming work;
* Investigation and resolution of support issues when they arise;
* Managing the process of packaging and releasing code when asked to by Senior Developers;
* Working with other members of the development team to continually improve practices;
* Investing time in maintaining and improving our development tool-chain;
* Staying current with technology and payment industry developments, suggesting ways that these might improve our business and occasionally presenting on these to the rest of the development team in one of our regularly scheduled team talks;
* Cross-training in languages and technologies used in our production systems that you are not already familiar with.
Your experience will include:
* Essential technical knowledge: Java 7/8, Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, SQL, Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, knowledge of a CI product such as Jenkins or Bamboo, Git and SVN, Linux, Web Services, REST/JSON, use of automated testing tools.
* Highly desirable technical knowledge: Spring Integration, EasyMock or Mockito, JBoss/EAP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, build automation tools such as Vagrant, NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra and Redis.
* Essential experience: Minimum 1 year as a Java developer
* Highly desirable experience: Experience of developing web services / Internet systems or working on high-availability, online real-time systems. Experience of writing good quality tests and determining the appropriate test coverage for a new feature or system capability.
* An understanding of and strong desire to work in an agile development team
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us