|Job Ref:||204738286||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£28000 - £31000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Industry: Plastics / Manufacturing |
Job Title: Moulding Technician
Job Reference: LK16-3622
Job Start date: ASAP
Location: Preston, Blackburn, Burnley, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Lancashire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: Up to £31K
Salary Benefits: To be discussed at interview
Job Overview: Our client, a manufacturer of moulded products is keen to appoint a Moulding Technician. EXPIRES 31/11/2016
Role: The role of the Moulding Technician will be to set, condition, maintain & optimise several injection machines & oversee Robot program changes. For this role, you must have a minimum of 3 years' experience of setting injection moulding machines and experience with process optimisation, tool trialling and validation. The successful candidate also will have a strong background in robotic automation or the strong will and desire to learn.
This is an excellent & rewarding post for an enthusiastic & loyal individual who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and a company that places their people at the forefront of the company.
• Safe handling and loading / unloading of mould tools onto the moulding machines, and set-up of ancillary equipment associated with running the moulds.
• To lead and participate in investigations into processing issues and provide the necessary input to reduce waste and downtime.
• Carry out and support process trials and validation on new or modified mould processes.
• Fully document trials, validations, process conditions, etc. when involved, and work in accordance with internal procedures.
• Maintain and ensure safe working conditions for self and others
• To identify and implement where necessary, improvements to process, quality or cost effectiveness of the moulding operation.
• To carry out basic maintenance duties on moulds, moulding machines and ancillary equipment as specified within the Planned Maintenance guidelines.
• Mentor and Coach Associates in the use of moulding machines, tools, ancillary equipment and documentation.
• Support the Production Team Leaders to identify work priorities to ensure production needs are met.
• Undertake process projects as requested by Process Leader or Manufacturing Engineer.
Additional Skills / Competencies required:
• Excellent knowledge of injection moulding process and related materials and equipment
• Good mechanical knowledge
• Instruct team members in the correct application and use of PPE
• Manage all materials for the line/cell in an accurate and proper manner
• Manage and control hazardous substances in accordance with appropriate legislation
• Problem solving skills
• Good attitude and communication skills
• Optimisation and continuous improvement of machine cycle time/output still ensuring the quality specification is achieved
• Correction of any quality defects in a timely manner
• Setting of ancillary equipment
• Assist the shift engineer with equipment issues
• Ensure Health and Safety procedures and practises are adhered to; promote a safe working attitude at all times
• To complete appropriate documentation and records with respect to production and quality procedures
• Participate in corrective action and general continuous improvement projects
• To be flexible with respect to working hours and general attitude
• Ensure good housekeeping at all times
Additional Skills / Competencies required:
• You will need to be able to demonstrate a mechanical aptitude or background
• Some engineering experience will be advantageous
• A real team player with a willingness to learn
• Computer literate
• Reliability is key
Key Words: "Injection Moulding", "Blow Moulding", "Moulding Technician", "Trainee Setter", "Trainee Moulding Technician", " Moulding Operator", "Setter", "Trainee Process Engineer"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles