|Job Ref:||204738276||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum car/allowance + package||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Technical Services Manager - M&E
£60k - £70k basic + car/allowance + Benefits
Fawkes & Reece
Technical Services Manager - M&E
My client is a 25 year old company that provides facilities, property and asset management for some of the biggest public and private sector NA a standing start, they now have revenues in excess of £1.7bn and are one of only two FTSE 250 companies to have grown earnings per share for over 22 consecutive years.
As Technical Services Manager - M&E, you will be required to carry out the full Mechanical and Electrical management from design installation to commissioning and handover initially on several Education projects across South London and Surrey.
* Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
* Contribute to the regular Project Report, and attend Project Meetings.
* Review designers and contractors drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc.).
* Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements.
* Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering commissioning.
* Responsible for the delivery of the building services engineering works on their projects.
* Provide guidance in the production of the project programme.
* Produce monthly Engineering Services Status Report for their project(s).
* Contribute Value Engineering skills.
* Propose appropriate specialist contractors, systems and manufacturers for the project.
* Contribute engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in Tender Proposals.
* Represent the company at Pre-qualification and Tender meetings and presentations.
* Commissioning and witnessing of M&E systems.
* Good general knowledge of building services engineering systems.
* Good communicator.
* Competent in Health and Safety management.
* Programme oriented.
* Eye for quality.
* Good organiser and able to implement systems.
* Prepared to be innovative.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to build relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
* Develop and contribute strategic thinking at Project level.
Recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or other appropriate engineering subject is preferred. Candidates without formal engineering qualifications may be considered if they have acquired sufficient experience to demonstrate competence in the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
* Ideally (but not essential) experienced within the fit out sector.
* Good understanding of building services engineering, preferably gained largely in a site environment
* Previous experience in managing a variety of building services engineering systems installations.
* Effective and flexible team member.
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively.
As one of the UK's leading recruiters, Fawkes & Reece specialises in all areas of Building Services from Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer, Electrical Building Services Engineer, Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer, Mechanical Building Services Engineer, CAD draughtsman, CAD coordinator, Building Services Estimators and Building services Project Managers