|Job Ref:||204738238||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£16000 - £18000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Industry: Plastics / Manufacturing |
Job Title: Trainee Moulding Setter
Job Reference: LK16-3621
Job Start date: ASAP
Location: Preston, Blackburn, Burnley, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Lancashire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: £16K-£18K
Salary Benefits: To be discussed at interview
Job Overview: Our client, a manufacturer of moulded products is keen to appoint a Trainee Moulding Setter. EXPIRES 31/11/2016
Role: As Trainee Moulding Setter you will be required to set, condition & optimise several moulding machines, correct quality defects, assist the shift engineer with equipment issues & participate in continuous improvement projects. The ideal candidate for the role of Trainee Moulding Setter will need to demonstrate a mechanical aptitude or background; some experience within engineering would be advantageous. The Trainee Moulding Setter will be a real team player with willingness to learn and develop their skills. You need to be a reliable worker & must be computer literate.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who has either Mechanical Engineering qualifications or is a Moulding Operator looking to take the next step in their career.
• Optimisation and continuous improvement of machine cycle time/output still ensuring the quality specification is achieved
• Correction of any quality defects in a timely manner
• Setting of ancillary equipment
• Assist the shift engineer with equipment issues
• Ensure Health and Safety procedures and practises are adhered to; promote a safe working attitude at all times
• To complete appropriate documentation and records with respect to production and quality procedures
• Participate in corrective action and general continuous improvement projects
• To be flexible with respect to working hours and general attitude
• Ensure good housekeeping at all times
Additional Skills / Competencies required:
• You will need to be able to demonstrate a mechanical aptitude or background
• Some engineering experience will be advantageous
• A real team player with a willingness to learn
• Computer literate
• Reliability is key
Key Words: "Injection Moulding", "Blow Moulding", "Moulding Technician", "Trainee Setter", "Trainee Moulding Technician", " Moulding Operator", "Setter", "Trainee Process Engineer"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles