|Job Ref:||204737935||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lower Darwen||Address:||Post Code:||BB3||Salary:||£25000 - £26000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Industry: Plastics, Manufacturing, Injection Moulding|
Job Title: Injection Moulding setter
Job Reference: LK16-3620
Job Start date: ASAP
Location: Preston, Blackburn, Burnley, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Lancashire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: £25K-£26K
Salary Benefits: to be discussed at interview
Job Overview: Our client, a manufacturer of plastic injection moulded products is keen to appoint an Injection Moulding Setter to join their team. EXPIRES 31/11/2016
Role: The role of the Injection Moulding Technician will be to set, condition, maintain & optimise several injection moulding machines & oversee Robot program changes. This is an excellent & rewarding post for an enthusiastic & loyal individual who wishes to work with likeminded professionals and a company that places their people at the forefront of the company. Salary will be dependent on experience.
About this position:
• Adhering to all site Health & Safety, Hygiene Regulations and Safe Working procedures to manufacture plastic containers to the KPI of minimum 85% Machine Availability, Minimum 100% Cycle Speed Efficiency and maximum 2% Scrap levels. With zero impounds or complaints.
• To ensure that all customer orders are processed through the operation of the Production Plan as speedily and efficiently as possible operating on a right first time basis.
• To ensure that all machines are kept in a safe and hygienic state at all times to ensure product integrity and hygiene at all phases of the production process.
• To maintain accurate communication records and ensure that production issues are logged and understood with a view to always looking for continuous improvement of the process and improvement of the Cell KPI performance.
• To continually look to improve the operation and assist in cost saving initiatives, highlighting ideas to improve processes with Cell Leaders and Management.
• To perform additional tasks necessary as requested by the management team to ensure the smooth running of the site.
• Trained in the safe operation of Injection Moulding machines.
• Capable of carrying out safe and efficient tool changes.
• Lean Manufacturing Techniques practitioner.
• Skilled Communicator.
• Strong team worker.
• Flexibility and Prioritisation of tasks.
• Ability to follow multiple processes and procedures correctly.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to identify areas for improvement within the Cell.
• Computer skills ie basic Microsoft office competency.
• Using setting skills and initiative to positively influence the cell performance
• Be able to solve moulding problems to identify tool or machine issues.
• To be able to process around problems to maintain production if the need arises.
• To support and assist other on shift to be able to process fault find to rectify problems.
• Take responsibility for your own and your colleagues Health & Safety.
• Report any Health & Safety breaches witnessed or concerns regarding unsafe practices to site management.
• Ensure that all machines in your Cell pre use safety checks are completed and recorded properly and correctly, reporting any defects to the shift manager or site management.
• Take responsibility for the accuracy of all your work within the Cell.
• Ensure that you actively work to ensure that your Cell meets KPI targets.
• To be flexible setting a good example to colleagues and assist other staff and departments when required.
• Assist with the organisation of departmental holiday planning within company guidelines to ensure low impact upon the business.
• Maintain good communication links/working relationships with:
1. Cell Team
2. Shift Staff
• Ensure that all Quality/Hygiene issues raised by the Packing Staff or QTL's are dealt with effectively to avoid impound situations.
• Ensure that all production scrap is placed in the right collection point and recorded correctly.
• Ensure that all allocated Moulding Tools are cleaned on a daily basis to a good standard to avoid downtime and quality issues.
• Ensure that all allocated machines are cleaned correctly daily and recorded.
• Ensure that all waste bins are emptied daily.
• Ensure all identified items within the production area are returned to their correct locations after use.
• Carry out daily machine safety checks in line with Cell requirements.
• Log machine conditions on the Control Alteration Log Sheet on allocated machines on a daily basis.
• Top up material bins and coloured master batch bins on a daily basis so that we never stop production for this reason
• Follow the Production rules for working on Injection Moulding Machines at all times.
• Use Barco to make sure we are carrying out job ends and cavity adjustments in line with the production plan.
• Ensure that empty material pallets are removed from the shop floor and that material bags are bailed before the end of shift.
• Ensure that conveyors are checked for cleanliness prior to use and that they are cleaned daily while in use.
• Assist with the cleaning programmes within the Cell to ensure that the Cell is kept to a good standard of cleanliness both on machines and in the general area.
• Show willingness to undertake training to use new equipment to assist with the continuous development of the Cell.
• Provide a moulding trouble shooting service to the Shift as and when required.
Key Performance Indicators/Key Relationships:
• Attention to Health & Safety Rules & Regulations
• Following Procedures correctly
• Cell leader
• Cell team
• Cell mentor
• Quality control
• H & S manager
• Planning team
Key Words: "Injection Moulding", "Setter", "Moulding Technician", "Injection Moulding Technician", "Process Technician", "Process Engineer", "Process Development Engineer", "Mouldshop Leader", "Moulding Manager"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles