|Job Ref:||204737931||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||ne31 2ex||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Our client is an established manufacturer with an international presence and currently looking for a HSE Manager. As the HSE Manager you will be instrumental in ensuring they continue to gain customer satisfaction & that their standards reflect the industries to which they supply.|
• Contribute to our success by providing HSE advice, direction, framework and support services Assure compliance with all HS&E and security legislation and guidelines, protection of our people, the business and other stakeholders from foreseeable loss and support continual improvement in business performance whilst meeting regulatory and corporate expectations.
• Enable and support site management to maintain HSE as a business priority with the development and implementation of site HSE strategy, providing
• Provide HSE leadership expertise at the Fawdon site and deliver with the standards required in the Pharmaceutical industry.
• Act as key advisor to Site Head and working with Managers foster the development of a sound HSE management system as an integral element of site management.
• Monitor site HSE practices and conditions, ensuring HSE regulations, guidelines are adhered to by employees and contractors. Take an active role in audits to monitor compliance. Prepare, track and report status of improvement plans and corrective/preventive action plans.
• Maintaining legislative foresight, ensure that the site is informed of new HSE legislative initiatives and the development of new/existing policies and guidelines.
• Working with the Site Head prepare for and lead timely and effective management/safety representative committee meetings and appropriate communication programmes.
• Assist Managers and teams in the completion, review and update of HSE risk assessments. Maintain the site risk register.
• Provide safety engineering, fire prevention, occupational hygiene, loss control and environmental input into major capital projects.
• Identify site HSE training needs and resources and ensure the timely delivery of training programmes.
• Act as key interface with HSE and Home Office regulatory authorities and insurers with regard to HSE matters.
• Oversee the provision of the security manned guarding service by a third party contractor.
• Lead and support appropriate timely accident/incident reporting and investigation.
• Develop site emergency/crisis plans and team for site, arrange tests of the emergency plan.
• Set and monitor leading HSE Key Performance Indicators and trends to identify issues, agree action plans and monitor progress.
• Graduate level or equivalent in a Scientific or an Engineering discipline
• 5+ years' experience as an EHS professional
• Good technical appreciation of the way in which a Pharmaceutical business operates.
• General management skills: - Recruiting, Appraisals, Presentations, Budget control
• Ability to make decisions and operate with minimum supervision
• High level of health & safety awareness
• Up to date knowledge of HSE
• Must be a self-directed individual with logical, strategic thinking and the ability to work as a "team" player.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence and work with individuals at all levels in the organisation to accept new ways of working and build a positive safety culture.
• Well-developed organisational skills.
• Needs to have the ability to understand and communicate new legislative requirements and best practices.
• Experience of working within a busy time sensitive environment, working under pressure whilst effectively prioritising workloads.
• May need to be able to respond very rapidly to advise others in emergency situations.
• Role holder will encounter a diverse range of problems requiring skilled analysis.
• Develop skill base across a number of areas and specialist expertise relevant to functions
• Understanding of how the function interacts successfully with other functions and an ability to challenge existing processes