|Job Ref:||204737790||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||NE31 2EX||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Our client based in the North East is a 1st tier supplier in the automotive industry and currently looking for an experienced Die Maintenance Technician|
As a die maintenance technician, you would be providing service and support to the Press Shop, repairing press tools in a busy maintenance department
•Diagnose tooling problems at press callout and potential repair of the tool at press,
•Carry out maintenance repairs and refurbishment activities on press tools,
•Modifications and improvement activities on the press tools,
•Record / document die performance and quality concerns regarding the repair details on maintenance reports,
•High standard of housekeeping is a requirement,
•Work in a safe and orderly manner.
Ideally you will be a time served Toolmaker from a press tool making background, or have experience in mechanical engineering biased.
This includes troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution of technical problems. Knowledge of tool / press setting and operation is advantageous.
You will need to have experience in the following disciplines:
• Experience using various hand tools for grinding,
• Stoning and polishing of tool steels,
• Operation of manual milling machines,
• Operation of lathes and drilling machines,
• Operation of surface grinding machines,
• Knowledge of Tig, Arc and Mig welding,
• Experience of precision measuring equipment,
• Good attitude, also flexible to challenges and possible changes,
• Must be prepared to work shifts and overtime