|Job Ref:||204737667||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£400 - £600/day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
The design and construction of a maintenance and stabling facility for the new Crossrail trains for Bombardier. A variety of trades are working concurrently such as groundwork, civils, MEP, fit out and railway systems such as p-way, OLE, signalling. There is an interface with the adjacent Network Rail project.
The role is for a planner within the commercial change team. The function of this role will be to review compensation events and establish the impact of these on the accepted programme.
This will require the production of a high quality impacted P6 programme and narrative to support the submission and accompany the commercial quotation to the client.
The candidate should be capable of following this quotation through its life cycle, including negotiating with the client's planning, project management and commercial teams - expecting resistance and challenge.
The candidate will be expected to work autonomously to produce the required programme outputs integrate these with the commercial aspects of the compensation event quotations.
Attention to detail will be required to ensure that all impacts are considered, including those arising indirectly from the primary subject of the compensation event.
At interview the candidate will be asked to provide examples of experience in the above and to demonstrate the attributes listed below.
* Successful experience of producing NEC compensation event programmes and narratives
* Capable of independently interrogating existing P6 programmes to establish logic
* Able to produce coherent reasoning and logic and convey arguments both in writing and orally
* Strong negotiation and presentation skills
* Ability to present information in a variety of different ways
* Ability to accept and overcome challenge from the client team
* Successful experience of utilising these skills to obtain time extensions