|Job Ref:||204737399||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Post Date:||27/10/2016 02:13|
Shift Manager (1st Tier Automotive)|
Excellent Salary + shift allowance + benefits
If you are seeking a career in automotive manufacturing and looking for a company that can assist your progression then this could be the role you seek.
A prerequisite to success is being able to demonstrate experience of working in a manufacturing environment ideally automotive for a minimum 3 years + with an appropriate engineering qualification.
- Lead Manufacturing Team Members (MTMs), which may involve return to work interviews, EDRs and day to day supervision.
- Follow all Health, Safety, Environmental & Ergonomic requirements that are defined in work instructions or communicated in training.
- Follow required emergency prevention and operational controls, report all accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies.
- Ensuring that all manufacturing and related safety check-lists are fulfilled to achieve the plant objectives.
- Work closely with other departments so as to continually improve the quality of the final product.
- Work with and support the Shift Managers to ensure that the MTMs have the skills and technical training required to meet department objectives.
- Facilitating employee development reviews for MTMs and run regular periodic reviews.
- Participate and drive team meetings.
- Provide the necessary information to other departments for the improvement of the final product.
- Promote and implement measures for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Ideally Degree or HNC/HND in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Must have good supervisory and planning skills and be able to work autonomously, with knowledge in manufacturing.
- Excellent IT skills, analytical, problem solving and process orientated are key to this role
- The ability to build good relationships and excellent interpersonal skills are an essential part of this role