|Job Ref:||204737138||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum Pension scheme,Training||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is permanent and is paying competitively from £40,000 to £55,000 per annum plus benefits, depending on experience.|
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
The role of Senior Design Engineer is to deliver engineering design solutions for facility modifications meeting user requirements for safety, functionality and operability.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Accountable for the timely delivery of Engineering Design packages for Facility Projects as part of a cross functional Project Team
* The Senior Design Engineer assumes overall responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the Design deliverables from initial brief through to final Design Review and provision of technical support during the implementation phase and for handover
* Prepare, monitor and deliver to Engineering cost estimates and programmes for the package of work they are engaged on.
* The Senior Design Engineer acts as the lead technical authority for the specific engineering discipline within the Project and provides competent engineering advice to the Engineering Manager and supply chain designers
* The Senior Design Engineer is expected to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Knowledge of the design of engineered plant and systems in at least one of the following areas:
* Production/Process plant and equipment design
* Control and Instrumentation design
* Mechanical and Electrical Building Services
* Ideally the design knowledge will be supported by experience of engineering design for projects in high hazard environments (flammable/explosive or radioactive/nuclear)
* Knowledge of relevant National Standards and statutory requirements relevant to the engineering discipline (e.g.: BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations, DSEAR/MSER requirements, Pressurised Systems Design etc.)
* Knowledge of configuration control and management for the life of a project
* Knowledge of Designers responsibilities under CDM Regulations
* Experience of producing designs in a multi-discipline environment
* Experience of designing to meet assurance (safety/environment) objectives
* Experience of all aspects of the project design life-cycle:
* Establishment of requirements and problem definition
* Developing and designing solutions including management of configured baselines
* Implementation and commissioning
* Experience of providing estimates of effort to complete design work
* Skilled in communicating and developing relationships
* Ideally HNC/D or degree in an Engineering subject or Chartered Membership of an engineering institution
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role
* Willing and able to work in designated areas including high hazard facilities
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
Please check your spam folder for replies to applications!
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency