|Job Ref:||204737130||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Quality Engineer - Aerospace - Permanent - Newcastle upon Tyne - £35-£40K|
A Quality Engineer with a solid understanding of quality systems and procedures within a manufacturing environment is required to join a globally successful organisation in the Newcastle area who applies innovative metal forming technologies to manufacture cost-effective, single source solutions for customers in the diversified markets of aviation, defence, energy, medical and space systems.
As the Quality Engineer you shall be responsible for assisting the engineering teams in the introduction of new parts to navigate part approval and sign off with the customer. There will also be a focus upon non-conformance management where you will act as a point of contact for customer concerns and assist the quality manager in ensuring that internal and supplier non-conformance 8D reports are completed.
For the role of Quality Engineer you must have the following:
* Strong quality toolbox (Paetro, SPC, 5Y, Fishbone etc.).
* Excellent understanding of ISO9001 and associated standards.
* Able to use 8D non-conformance handling techniques.
* Good understanding of statistical process control.
* Previously operated within a manufacturing environment.
* AS9100 experience is desirable but not essential
* Worked within the aerospace industry would be a distinct advantage.
* Strong salary ranging from £35,000pa to £40,000pa.
* Pension matched up to 6%.
* Business Performance Bonus: Up to 5% of your salary.
* Working Hours: Mon-Thurs: 08:30 - 17:00 Fri: 08:30 - 13:00.
Interviews for the role of Quality Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. Start date is flexible depending on notice periods and personal circumstances.
For more information on the Quality Engineer position, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on (Apply online only) or e-mail
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency