|Job Ref:||204736883||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Code:||OX16||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Health & Safety Officer |
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Salary: £30K - £35K plus excellent benefits
A large automotive manufacturing company are now looking to recruit a Health & Safety Officer to join their team.
Health & Safety Officer - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work with the EH&S Manager and the site operations team for the development, implementation, and compliance/adherence to Health & Safety policies and procedures for the business.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the effectiveness of Health & Safety policies, processes and procedures, providing recommendations for change/improvements as necessary and take a hands on lead approach where necessary.
- Work with the senior management team to ensure compliance with legal, corporate and other Health & Safety standards.
- Review and revise the sites risk assessments for significant changes.
- Support the business in achieving BS OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 45001 standard.
- Maintain and update BS OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 45001 to conform to external audit process/schedule.
- Provide support and expertise to the business in projects and/or activities that have an impact on the Health & Safety via management of change processes.
- Conduct and participate in externally and group led site audits for Health & Safety with the responsibility for preparing action plans and following through on plan implementation.
- Maintain all appropriate Health & Safety records for the business.
- Support and develop the Department Health & Safety Committee activities and initiatives to achieve KPI goals.
- Work with Health & Safety representatives for the site with a focus on Management of Change and improving Safety culture.
- Develop procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and other irregular visitors to the Plant comply with relevant legislation and company Health & Safety policies.
- Foster a safe and healthful work environment working with all levels in a positive and constructive manner to encourage interest in Health & Safety matters and to work with managers in maintaining standards whilst recognising the need to balance financial resources.
Health & Safety Officer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Officer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- 3 to 5 years practical experience in Health & Safety management with an emphasis on policy/procedure development, implementation and control.
- Ideally previous Health & Safety responsibilities within a manufacturing environment.
- Holder of NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Applied knowledge of BS OHSAS 18001
- Ideally qualified as BS OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor
- Valid membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Technical understanding of manufacturing engineering processes.
- Ideally hold NEBOSH National Fire Certificate or similar.
- Strong understanding of safety targets / KPI`s
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Self starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Hands on approach.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on (Apply online only).
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update