|Job Ref:||204736868||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + Contributory Pension||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Electrical and Controls Engineer |
Circa £45,000 - £50,000 + Contributory Pension Plan.
Monday to Friday daytime hours
Electrical and Controls Engineer required for top tier COMAH site to work in a project capacity to continuously improve processes and equipment.
This global brand offer huge career progression opportunities with vast amounts of formal training and development on offer for the right person.
The role will be suited to experienced Electrical and Controls Engineers from process or manufacturing environments. You will have strong knowledge of PLC programming, HMI's and SCADA. The core objective of the role will be to continuously analyse the performance of controls systems and electrical elements of plant and process machinery. You will devise and implement improvements in close collaboration EHS.
You will ideally have knowledge of working in environments of risk and be used to dealing with EHS professionals in daily practices onsite. Any previous experience of working on a COMAH site and awareness of ATEX or DESAR will be advantageous but non-essential and training will be provided where needed.
The company are a global engineering group offering world leading tools for metal cutting, Mining and construction equipment and tools, a large range of specialist metallic materials and specialist process systems. They have a huge worldwide portfolio of major clients across many industry sectors and can offer uncapped career long progression and development for the right person.
* Electrical and Controls engineering improvements across Coventry based top tier COMAH site.
* Use of strong PLC programming, HMI and SCADA systems knowledge to improve automated processes.
* Close collaboration with EHS professional's onsite in relations to all daily and planned project activities.
* Design and modify existing equipment, maintaining accurate plant records
* Support management by taking part in HAZID's, HAZOP's, LOPA studies or similar methods.
* Communicate, Promote and influence at all levels of the site team to roll out EHS systems internally, with other company wide EHS professionals and external/3rd parties.
* Experienced Electrical and controls engineer with strong PLC Programming, HMI and SCADA skills.
* Proven Process/Plant equipment improvements through design or modification of electrical systems.
* Previous work experience in a high risk environment, ideally a COMAH site.
* Strong knowledge of EHS and working in collaboration with EHS professionals
* Any prior knowledge of ATEX/DESAR or similar safety processes for chemical manufacturing/process environments ideal but not essential.
* Prior knowledge of HAZID's, HAZOP's LOPA or similar advantageous but not essential.
* Confident communication and influencing skills
* Must live commutable of the Coventry area