|Job Ref:||204736297||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotland||Address:||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Due to an expanding workload, Black and Veatch are seeking a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to join the ground engineering team. The successful applicant will specialise in contaminated land assessment and remediation and will lead that area of work within the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the ground engineering team, the successful applicant would be expected to:
•Specify, supervise and report on ground investigations
• Produce/check desk studies
• Produce/check preliminary risk assessments and GQRA
• Produce/check of follow up DQRA as required
• Liaison with Local Authority and Environment Agency Contamination and Waste Specialists
• Produce/Check Remediation Specifications and verification test schedules
• Advise on waste characterisation, waste legislation and materials management (Including CL:AIRE DoWCoP)
• Lead and mentor junior staff
• Internal and external promotion of the department and Black and Veatch
• Project manage a portfolio of projects
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in Environmental Science or other relevant subject.
• Proven geo-environmental experience within a range of sectors
• Strong knowledge and understanding of contamination and waste legislation and regulatory guidance
• Experienced ground investigation site supervisor
• Good commercial awareness and Project Manager
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task.
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential