|Job Ref:||204736242||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Applied Industrial Systems Ltd. is recruiting an Engineer based in either their London or Manchester offices. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years work experience relevant to the role and be of graduate calibre.|
This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop technical on the job skills and experience working within a team of dedicated specialists.
Applied Industrial Systems (AIS) are engineers, consultants and system integrators delivering specialist control, safety and monitoring systems used in a wide range of industries from factory production lines to large infrastructure projects such as those found at airports, road and rail tunnels and industrial complexes. AIS integrates and delivers control systems based mainly on Siemens PLC and SCADA products and also designs and develops its own SCADA system.
You will be involved in a variety of activities including the design, build, configuration, testing and commissioning of industrial control and information systems for client projects. Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Design and specification of PLC and SCADA based control and electrical systems, including design with the use of AutoCAD software to produce engineering drawings
• Writing design and user documentation including functional/test specifications, safety system documentation and operations manuals
• Software and hardware set up, configuration and test of systems prior to delivery including PCs, PLCs, drives, and network communications
• Providing end-user training for system handover
• Supporting the customer maintenance requirements for delivered systems
• Pre-Sales Support - assisting with quotations, client presentations and meetings
Qualifications & Skills:
• An HND or degree in Electrical / Electronic / Control Systems Engineering, ideally with a minimum of 2-3 years work experience of delivering and integrating control systems or working within an engineering environment
• An understanding of design and development of safety systems in accordance with BS EN 61508 or other safety system experience
• Knowledge of electrical, instrumentation and control systems
• Experience with the use of SCADA or HMI systems
• Experience with PLC / SCADA programming
• Excellent IT skills and use of MS Office products and AutoCAD
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate professional and personal credibility and build strong business relationships with clients
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision when required
• Be flexible as on occasion work outside of normal office hours will be required during commissioning and testing of systems
• Possess a full UK driving licence
• You may be required to undergo a criminal records check before any job offer is confirmed
• The successful candidate will normally be based in either the London or Manchester office, however the role will involve work at customer sites throughout the UK and possibly overseas. If the candidate is based in the Manchester office he/she must be prepared to travel to the London area on a reasonably regular basis as a significant number of projects are based in the south.
• Salary dependent on experience, Company pension scheme after qualifying period
To apply for this role please email a copy of your CV detailing your experience and qualifications and explain why you are interested in the role and how your experience / interest is relevant. Details of your current salary package and expectations would also be helpful. Please send your email via contact details below.
We also need you to provide details of two referees, at least one of whom should be able to provide a reference regarding your technical ability