|Job Ref:||204736172||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£24000 - £27000/annum Plus Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Position: Quality Technician
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Salary: Up to £27,000 per annum
They are a leading global supplier of security inspection systems. Since 1993, they have installed over 70,000 products in more than 100 countries. Their systems are in use at airports, government and corporate buildings, postal facilities, military zones, sea ports and border crossings. With their experience, dedication and customer support, they provide innovative and dependable security solutions to their customers worldwide.
They are looking for a Quality Technician to carry out and document quality inspections and testing (incoming/in-process/outgoing) and undertake when required corrective action investigations. To provide input into quality inspection plans including control plans and final acceptance tests. Undertake responsibilities for day to day running of calibration system.
- Perform in-process inspection and testing supporting the tube build activity, including assembly, bake out and conditioning processes.
- Ensure that non-conforming product is correctly identified and assist in MRB for disposition.
- Inputting inspection and test data into databases, and writing inspection/test reports including data presentation and analysis.
- Undertake or assist in corrective actions including containment, root cause investigation, corrective action and verification steps.
- Produce inspection and control plans
- Support incoming material inspections /testing (either onsite or at supplier premises)
- Perform outgoing verification and validation inspection and testing on tube and final RTT product
- Provide support for the calibration process and database
- Undertake internal audits when required
- Other activities as requested by line management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a positive proactive attitude to work, be self motivated, and have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- 3-5 years experience as a Quality Technician or Quality Inspector in an Engineering Environment.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 quality standards would be an advantage
- Proficient at interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawings
- IT skills able to use Word, Excel, Access competently.
- MRP and ERP systems experience
- Clean Driving Licence
- Quality experience with MRB, Non-Conforming product, inspection methods and data collection