|Job Ref:||204736118||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stourbridge||Address:||Post Code:||DY9||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Engineer/ Purchasing Coordinator to join an established company based in the heart of the west midlands. This is a very exciting and opportunistic position for a Purchasing Engineer who has the determination and ambition to run and manage all the importation within the company.|
This role will involve various work travel opportunities including travelling to China to work and manage the Chinese supply chain and offer technical advice whilst seeking new suppliers in China or any other appropriate markets. You will be travelling with Directors to visit current and potential suppliers throughout the world to visit exhibitions and their premises, so it is essential the Purchasing Engineer/ Purchasing Coordinator is forward thinking, confident and well presented to continually grow and develop the business. The Purchasing Engineer will be responsible for the procurement of the groups products from Asia and will ensure all orders for group products are placed from Asia.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Engineer/ Purchasing Coordinator to develop a career and grow within a company, the most successful Purchasing Engineer will have knowledge of Engineering procurement and experience of procurement within the South-East, ideally. You would be joining a well-known manufacturer of precision bearings so experience of this would be advantageous.
Purchasing Engineer Position Overview
* Work closely with sales and production on the procurement aspect of new product development
* Keep close contact with accounts departments to arrange payment for imported goods and ensure they are aware of future requirements so currency can be obtained accordingly.
* Manage the daily work of Chinese based inspector making the best use of his time and arrange with him appropriate supplier visits and authorising any subsequent expense claims.
* Place all orders for group products from Asia ensuring clear and sufficient technical instructions are given
* Overall responsibility for the Asian outsourced stock including stocking levels, the undertaking of stock checks and management of stock management systems.
* Overall responsibility for procurement of group products from Asia.
Purchasing Engineer Position Requirements
* Knowledge of Engineering procurement
* Experience and the ability to, read technical drawings and understand basic engineering terms and measurements is essential
* Background of procurement in the South East would be advantageous
* Happy to travel and spend nights away from home
* Flexible and highly motivated
Purchasing Engineer Position Remuneration
* Salary expectations: £30K-£35K (DOE)
* 28 days' holiday
* Paid travel and expense away
* 40 hours' week with a 30-minute lunch break
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy