|Job Ref:||204736070||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||PO6 1TA||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
JOB SUMMARY: |
To deliver ongoing contracts and maintenance works, ensuring that they operate within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
- Ensure contract delivered safely, on time, within budget and to programme.
- Maintain a good relationship with clients, to avoid disputes.
- Have a high level of commercial awareness related to the works
- Ensure that all work is carried out to company safety, environmental, and quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives.
- Carry out safety audits and tracca's as required by line management.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to ensure their strict adherence of the company health, safety and environment policy and quality standards.
- Good knowledge of all types of road construction and maintenance and working in life traffic situations.
- Understand COSHH regulations, particularly as they relate to the operational process, and to ensure the required information is relayed to the persons handling the materials concerned.
- Co-operate with the group safety department in the compilation and update of safe working procedures for the process involved.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained for the task being undertaken and are fully conversant with the company procedures.
- Understand all commercial aspects of the operation and to be aware of competitors activities.
- Ensure compliance with company's quality assurance procedures.
Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
• ONC, HNC or Degree - Surfacing/Civils Experience
- Civil engineering experience.
- Experience in design & build projects
- Knowledge and experience of the highways maintenance sector
- Requires strong commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of health and safety polices.
- Have good working knowledge of IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Software
- Previous Commercial Experience and budget control
- Good analytical capability.
- Prioritising time critical work
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
Vision, Mission & Values
Continuous Development & Innovation
Flexibility/Attitude to Change
Decision Making & Accountability
Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking